are iPhones available at pawn shops?

Madelineid

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
hi, I wanted to know if it is fine to buy iPhones from a local pawn shop. They sell gadgets at really low price. I found out the rates of phones at a store named cash pawn sales, the price tags were really jaw dropping!

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I would of course check the ESN. But with anything outside carrier or Apple themselves you would really have to be confident about buying one.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Caveat Emptor.

It's possible you can purchase an iPhone from a pawn shop and everything will go fine activating it with your provider... it's also possible you could wind up with a device that can not be activated because of one of any number of issues... if you're interested in a Verizon or Sprint model, try to get the pawn shop operator to verify the ESN is clean... or guarantee a return & refund if you can't activate it on your account. If it's an AT&T model, get assurance the sim slot is unlocked and get a guarantee for return & refund if there are issues with getting it activated on your account.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
We had an investigation last week that lead us to talk to a pawn shop owner...i wasn't doing much while the investigators were talking to him so i was checking out their store. They had tons of iPods, iPhones and iPads...probably 20+ of each. They had an iPhone 5 that was mint for like $600 but it was missing everything including the lightning wire...i asked the guy why they were asking $50 less than the cost new for an iPhone without any accessories and he goes "Because idiots will pay it." Got to love pawn shops...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro