Are hairline scratches part of normal wear and tear?

I

iMore Question

I prefer not to use a screen protector, I do use a case however. Anyway if I put my phone under bright light I can see some very thin hairline like scratches and you can't really feel it. It is on the top bezel and you can see it only if you shine it under light. Is it part of normal wear and tear? Are small scratches like these bound to happen over time and am I just being OCD about it?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes. That is normal wear and tear. Not much you can do about it. Try not to look at your device under a bright light, lol.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Note that it's never too late to add a screen protector. That will hide those faint scratches. I heartily recommend the anti-glare Protectors that the Apple Store will apply for you.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Only thing i hate about the anti glare ones is the quality is reduced. otherwise I love them

The Belkin anti-glare protector that Apple applies in-store has the least effect on the screen resolution of the many I've tried. By a huge margin. Barely noticeable, but a huge benefit in sunlight.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes. Most times it's the olephobic coating that scratches. If I don't use a screen protector, it always happens to my phone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2