Are all the stores sold out?

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
went to a best buy this morning... they had lots left... although i did pick up the last black 64GB 4G at&t one they had this am... :D

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
And here in my neck of the woods, just about every place around me (wally, Target, Radio, etc) have plently of the WiFi only versions. NONE have any LTE models at all.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
OR, Apple produced a lot more than the previous years so that everyone can get their hands on one.:rolleyes:

I went to Best Buy again this morning looking for a new Apple TV... they were sold out in the Phoenix metro area... they still have a few iPads (about 15 left at the Arrowhead store)...

While the new iPad didn't bring the long lines many places, it IS selling well at least around here... I'm chalking it up to a combination of Apple doing a better job of getting their website ready for pre-orders, many more outlets stocked up and ready to go on launch day... and perhaps a bit less of a demand... but don't worry, Apple more than covered its "nut" on this one...

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
If you"re looking for 4G version, try the corporate stores for VZW/ at&t. I pre-ordered at&t version from Apple, then thought better of it after several at&t "no service" experiences in my own city. Walked into a VZW store at noon on Friday and got 4G 32GB black model. Only one other customer picking up iPad while I was there. They did not have huge stock (started the day w/ 5, they said) - but they were bartering with other locations to get devices to buyers, wherever the buyers were. Returned at&t model to Apple store today. LOVE the Apple store & customer service, but have to give HUGE props to my local VZW corp store - they were amazing. :D

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Went to the Santa Rosa CA Apple store yesterday midday and bought a black 64gb 4G no problem. They told me they were selling a lot but they had ordered plenty to handle the demand. Seems like Apple produced enough of their new product to cover demand this time... hopefully it will be the same later this year for the iP5...

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
I was able to walk into an Apple store in Chicago and buy mine without a wait on Friday afternoon. I stopped at a Target today (also in the city) to see what there stock was like-they sold out on Friday and hadn't received any new ones as of this afternoon. I don't know what their starting stock was like in terms of numbers or versions.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Apple reported they sold over 3 million since Friday morning. (Don't know what the end of the timeframe was)... and I read somewhere that the Grand Central Station Apple Store was selling them at the rate of 18/minute for a large part of Friday...

There are still some to be had, but it appears it's a matter of "overstock" vs low demand.

iClarified - Apple News - Apple Has Sold Over 3 Million New iPads Already

iClarified - Apple News - Fifth Ave Apple Store Was Selling 18 iPads a Minute on Launch Day

Last edited:

skoenig

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Plenty available in SoCal (LA) :

Manhattan Beach Apple Store had many in all flavors
3rd Street Promenade Apple Store also has several

Unlike my iMore team experience in Walmart both stores operated a ticket system which wasn't really necessary by then. Curiously... if you go in as ask for an iPad the Blue Shirt runs outside to get the ticket before getting your iPad...

Recommend you let your fingers do the walking and call first. There's no shame in it :)

~Steph