• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Apps in the background slows iOS

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
What they are experiencing is not the norm. Having said that, it doesn't mean that some of their apps (specifically those that are abnormally ad-based) aren't hogging the resources and causing the lag.

That's one of the reasons I loath ads (with a passion, you have no idea). In apps they're constantly phoning home with info I don't want them to have. I avoid apps with ads at all costs, so if the app is written well enough and I'll use it, I buy it to remove the ads. If not, they get deleted.

Ads. Will definitely slow down a phone if you have enough apps that have them.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
What they are experiencing is not the norm. Having said that, it doesn’t mean that some of their apps (specifically those that are abnormally ad-based) aren’t hogging the resources and causing the lag.

An interesting take on this (speed) question, I will definitely check my apps out for ad loading. Thanks.
And what about apps that we leave location services on in, weather apps for instance ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
An interesting take on this (speed) question, I will definitely check my apps out for ad loading. Thanks.
You're very welcome...:)
And what about apps that we leave location services on in, weather apps for instance ?
I suppose it would depend on the app, but I typically choose the "Always" option for ONE weather app while opting to choose "While using" for the others I have installed. Still, I'm very picky about what I install and keep on my iPhone. If I install an app and find that it displays pop-up ads every other second, it's gone from my phone immediately...:)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blin