Apps Crashing like Crazy!

Tylorjd

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having problems with apps crashing like crazy on their iPhone 5? Over the last week I've been experiencing problems...it doesn't seem to be just one app, it's across the board. Also tried to open messages (txt/imessage) and was greeted with a blank grey screen. Had to turn the phone off and restart it for it to go away.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Facebook is not crashing for me... on my iPhone4S or iPad3.

I was reading the comments section to that article and it doesn't appear to be happening to everyone. It just started happening to me today and so I updated to 6.0.1 but that didn't help. I can use the mobile site, but the app kicks me out the moment I try to go in.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I haven't had any "extra" crashing of FB on my iPhone 5. I think they were just having issues with accounts hosted on some servers today.

As per other apps crashing, I can't say I've had anything more than what I experienced on my iPhone 4. Perhaps you should restore the device as new.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Facebook was crashing on my 4S 5.1.1. I have a 5 now and some apps are still crashing. iMore forum app crashed, settings app crashed once, Facebook hasn't but only time will tell. Running 6.0.1.

anygivensunday

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I've had a few issues lately with apps crashing and like op said its across the board for me not any one particular apps. I haven't had Facebook crash on me because I don't use it. But regular apple apps crash on me plus 3rd party ones as well what would happen is I'd open it and it would close immediately or I would be in an app and it will randomly close as well. Not sure why. When I first got the phone I set it up as new. Did not restore anything. And I also just wiped it and restored as new as well and I've had safari crash on me once since then.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The only app that lightly crashes periodically is the Tapatalk app. What it is doing is this: Sometimes after I submit a reply, the app does not refresh to show that my reply has been submitted even though it has. I have to select "discard" to back out. It did not occur prior to the 6.0.1 update, but the most recent Tapatalk update was released a little over a week prior to iOS 6.0.1.