Appointments showing up as invitations via exchange service

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
I'm using Sherweb for my hosted exchange. I've been with them for about a year, and there service has been wonderful for my Treo 700wx. They say the iphone is supported, but I'm clearly having problems.

For some reason, many of my appointments are showing up on my iphone as invitations. I've read the article at Appointments you create with Exchange show as Invitations on iPhone or iPod touch
and I've contacted Sherweb's support numerous times, but they are blaming AT&T and saying that they don't support iPhones (when their website says they do :confused: )

I've tried making the changes listed in the Apple KB, and the funny thing is that changing the case and adding .mail and even changing my address from name@host.com to name_host.com still syncs all my data, it just messes up with the invitations.

Right now, I'm forced to sync my mail and contacts over the air, and my calendar via cable and itunes. :mad:

Anyhow, does anyone have any ideas to help me?

Is anyone else using hosted exchange? Are you having invitation problems?

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I was experiencing the same issue of appt I created showing up as Invitations on the iphone. I checked the capitalization with what was entered in Active Directory and my first initial and first letter of my last name were capitalized, I changed this to match on the iPhone and it fixed the invitation problem.

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
Thanks hermdog. I'm using sherweb as my hosting service and I've been emailing them back and forth they say it is a problem with my phone :( I know it is simply a problem with the settings. But I can't figure it out. I wish I could figure this out.

Are you using a hosted exchange company?

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
No, I'm using my works email. Which is Exchange 2003. Can you try confirming with them your username? It need to be exactly the same as far as capitalization.

dukhead

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
i am using sherweb too, and my issue is that i cant receive meeting invites from exchange owa, entourage, or outlook. It basically shows up as a email and just adds the item to my calendar! I dont have the option to deny or accept a meeting invitation. And of course talking to sherweb is a waste of time.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I am using Sherweb and do not have any of the issues you guys are having. Also the few times that I have contacted them, they have always been quick to reply with a answer for me. Keep an eye out on the main page for some Exchange articles coming soon.

dukhead

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
how many users do you have on your hosted exchange server? I have 12, and we all started off with sprint moguls which was awesome from the exchange standpoint, however i agreed to get everyone iphones because we had a hell of a quarter, and its been a disaster since! I have to agree with that old saying " if it aint broke, dont try to fix it"

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
My problems with sherweb and my calendar were solved. What the problem for me was, was that I had many re-occurring birthdays that were set up in Outlook when I had a different email or different exchange service. Anyway the solution was to re-create the birthdays and delete all the old ones.

I haven't tried invitations yet. And I'm the only one on my server. Sorry, but my solution doesn't sound like it will help you. But I'm glad I got it sorted out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods