Application update?

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
When I go into the app store, and choose "updates" I get a message that all my applications are up to date.

I thought this was okay, till I was browsing the app store via iTunes on my computer, and I saw an application that I have - with a new version that came out two days ago?!?

Is there lag lag between a new version release and the "update" function of the app store? Is there some way to reset my updates, so it knows what to look for? I have no idea if any of my other applications have updates that I don't know about.

Chris

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I've noticed this at times as well. I also noticed that on your phone the app may be up to date and depending on the last time you did a sync iTunes still thinks your app is out of date when it's actually not. And if you do a sync it will then say everything is cool. Follow? I think I said that right... :)

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Anyone know a way to fix it? I have also just noticed today that the update feature sometimes say I have an update for a application - when it is the same version as the application already on the unit!!

Chris

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Anyone know a way to fix it? I have also just noticed today that the update feature sometimes say I have an update for a application - when it is the same version as the application already on the unit!!

Chris

Maybe I am way off base but did you try syncing with iTunes like I mentioned above?

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I can't - my computer is currently busted. :)

I don't know if synching in the past fixed anything - I just noticed the problem recently.

Chris

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
I've had instances where I update from the phone and immediately the phone tells me there is an update for the same app... the old version. So if I update from 1.1 to 1.2, immediately after, the app store will tell me 1.1 is available as an update.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Switch TV ON