Apple's Q3 iPhone sales were down more than 10% compared to last year

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Well that’s Gartners estimates for you.

Apples q3 quarterly report told a very different story and q4 or the holiday quarter (Apple calls it q1) is projected to be apples beat quarter this year.

Samsung’s q3 was terrible according to Samsung, don’t think Gardner knows any better.

5e5c755843981d6411453572ac2a15d6.jpg

Samsung are not expecting any improvements in q4, they are using marketing expenses to give away noticeable discounts on their smartphones and free gifts to pad their market share numbers, it’s not really working anymore.

“For the fourth quarter, Samsung said it expects “demand for components to turn sluggish in general amid weak seasonal effects, while marketing expenses are likely to increase to address year-end smartphone sales.”

Huawei has been doing poorly everywhere except China. They lost marketshare in Canada, Europe, and the Middle East during q3 and it’s only going to get worse form here.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
The article didn’t even mention Samsung. Classic @FFR, defending Apple by criticising its rivals Samsung and Huawei.

That said, I agree with you. I expect Apple’s sales and profits to increase due to the new 11 series. Huawei’s poor performance globally is due to the US ban on Huawei cooperating with US tech companies (still ongoing and unjustified in its sheer scale) but so far increased demand in China has meant that its revenue/profits haven’t been impacted as badly as some thought.

As for Samsung, I guess they’re hoping the upcoming Samsung A and S11 devices will improve their situation.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The article didn’t even mention Samsung. Classic @FFR, defending Apple by criticising its rivals Samsung and Huawei.

The report of the global smartphone market, where Samsung and Huawei are mentioned.

Perhaps read the report.

Sure if the number 2 Huawei and number 1 Samsung by marketshare are doing poorly it’s labeled criticism, especially in comparison to Apple the number 3.
Maybe you can glean the relevance if you understood the industry.

Classic indeed.

As for Samsung, I guess they’re hoping the upcoming Samsung A and S11 devices will improve their situation.

Just like the s10, s9, s8 etc.
Maybe with the s12.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner