Apple's Plans On iPhone 3g Checkout Process

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
it was like this for the last iphone i think. but of course a lot of people were doing it at their home, so they would sync their iphones for the first time, then wait 4-6 hours for a transfer. but i think thats the max time.
but it is kind of ridiculous how long it takes, i mean it makes me wonder what is happening..:confused:

What is happening is provisioning. They do not make automatic, or even real-time changes to the server. They do a refresh every few hours.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Wouldn't it be cool if Apple stores used iPhones with a custom app to read barcodes with the camera and process orders instead of using EasyPay. It would be cooler even if they had the same system and called it iPay...
Digital camera's are not good at reading "bar" codes. There is another standard labeling code that they will read very well. Widely used in other countries. Can even be read at a distance, as on a sign across the street. I wish that I could remember the name but I am old and I drink.

circuitry

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
You are absolutely correct, but why come out with different price points if you're not going to charge them?

Because they are greedy little gnomes!

and I am so sad I am not eligible to upgrade because I was tricked into "upgrading" to a blackberry (that never works) over Christmas.

:(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmb87