Apple's iPhone 15 Pro has made off with all the 3nm chips – sorry Android

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
This is going to be a terrible year for flagship android sales.

Inflation, lack of demand, and no 3 nm soc.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
This is going to be a terrible year for flagship android sales.

Inflation, lack of demand, and no 3 nm soc.

Maybe 3nm will make it worse for Android but as you’ve aptly been showing for many months, the rise of iPhone’s premium market share has been more than edging upward for a while. And I’ve seen nothing to indicate it is going to abate in the near future.
Besides the IPhone being a quantifiably superior product, there’s another more human social reason. Currently There are iPhone users and there are non iPhone users. It breaks down to iPhone or not iphone. Seriously, how many times do you hear a non iPhone user say “No I don’t have an iphone. I got the Pixel!”.
As long as that keeps happening, Apple will remain the king.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Maybe 3nm will make it worse for Android but as you’ve aptly been showing for many months, the rise of iPhone’s premium market share has been more than edging upward for a while. And I’ve seen nothing to indicate it is going to abate in the near future.
Besides the IPhone being a quantifiably superior product, there’s another more human social reason. Currently There are iPhone users and there are non iPhone users. It breaks down to iPhone or not iphone. Seriously, how many times do you hear a non iPhone user say “No I don’t have an iphone. I got the Pixel!”.
As long as that keeps happening, Apple will remain the king.

Can’t wait for the Samsung users to claim 3 nm is worthless or not needed .

I have never met a pixel user or seen a pixel device in wild. Marketshare must be incredibly tiny, mostly YouTubers. It’s not a secret that most google employees use an iPhone.

Come to think I haven’t seen an android in the wild since before Covid. Guess it’s not just me.

7f22569d55fdb07e8579455e36e9c832.png

afb2bfbbeb2d70e2fd1cd97879723e32.png

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Can’t wait for the Samsung users to claim 3 nm is worthless or not needed .
I would argue it's worthless (for now). That said, when we get features that depend on it, I will change my tune :D

I have never met a pixel user or seen a pixel device in wild. Marketshare must be incredibly tiny, mostly YouTubers. It’s not a secret that most google employees use an iPhone.

Come to think I haven’t seen an android in the wild since before Covid. Guess it’s not just me.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230227/7f22569d55fdb07e8579455e36e9c832.png
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230227/afb2bfbbeb2d70e2fd1cd97879723e32.png

I do see Android phones in the wild, including Pixel devices, relatively commonly. Just take a 30 minute commute on Montréal's métro to get yourself convinced :D
Note that your last screenshot mentions that the picture was sent from an Android device.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I would argue it's worthless (for now). That said, when we get features that depend on it, I will change my tune :D

I do see Android phones in the wild, including Pixel devices, relatively commonly. Just take a 30 minute commute on Montréal's métro to get yourself convinced :D
Note that your last screenshot mentions that the picture was sent from an Android device.

You believe 30% increase in efficiency/sustained performance/heat management as meaningless for now. increased battery performance is always welcome.

Haven’t seen a single pixel out and about in England, Switzerland, France, or Germany in the last two years and I’m always looking. As I stated above haven’t seen any androids either for a while.

That was the point , it was from an android user commenting on the Korean metro being predominantly iPhone.

The same Korea that used to be Samsung, well not anymore . iPhone now owns 52% of the 18-29years old segment of the Korean market and 42% of the 30-39years old segment in Korea in 2022.

That is pretty significant since Apple Pay is launching soon in the country and the Korean national intelligence service is set to finalize security standards for the iPhone this month. That should further increase apples marketshare in Korea thereby decreasing Samsungs.

Those figures above were from the quarter before the iPhone 14 pro and pro max were released

d2ebffaa3d4f1dfb73537b2e24ced98b.png

81f199487fd2d6333fbb55149be8c94f.png
58e8b96547dcd4fde3d0b7e60eb7f904.png

Last edited:

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
You believe 30% increase in efficiency/sustained performance/heat management as meaningless for now. increased battery performance is always welcome.
I would argue it's not going to be 30%, probably less. Don't get me wrong, I'm probably going to be on the market for a 15 Pro - if the price is right, but I won't choose it for a better battery. :D

Haven’t seen a single pixel out and about in England, Switzerland, France, or Germany in the last two years and I’m always looking. As I stated above haven’t seen any androids either for a while.

That was the point , it was from an android user commenting on the Korean metro being predominantly iPhone.
I'm saying that they are definitely out there. Whether you run into them or not is a different story. It could be that all their batteries deplete too fast for sustained use on a train ride :rotfl:

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site

No doubt you’ll seeAndroid but If you see Pixels then you must be looking real hard at phone user phones. The best, very best, number I’ve seen for Pixel market share in North America is 3 out of 100 smartphone users (very very best).
The Pixel 6 after one year has the dubious distinction of most rapid value decline (plummet) in the secondary market, and I do mean rapid! Secondary market tends to tell the story of who wants and uses what :)

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I would argue it's not going to be 30%, probably less. Don't get me wrong, I'm probably going to be on the market for a 15 Pro - if the price is right, but I won't choose it for a better battery. :D

I'm saying that they are definitely out there. Whether you run into them or not is a different story. It could be that all their batteries deplete too fast for sustained use on a train ride :rotfl:

You have been wrong before, wouldn’t be the first time.
Never seen anyone argue for less battery life before. Good for you.

Any pictures of those pixels in the wild? It’s only fair.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
No doubt you’ll seeAndroid but If you see Pixels then you must be looking real hard at phone user phones. The best, very best, number I’ve seen for Pixel market share in North America is 3 out of 100 smartphone users (very very best).
The Pixel 6 after one year has the dubious distinction of most rapid value decline (plummet) in the secondary market, and I do mean rapid! Secondary market tends to tell the story of who wants and uses what :)

Once again up and away you are quite right Pixel marketshare contracted in 2022 and pixel have one of the highest decline in value. No idea where ed gets his data.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Once again up and away you are quite right Pixel marketshare contracted in 2022 and pixel have one of the highest decline in value. No idea where ed gets his data.

NINETY NINE DOLLARS! that’s what the Pixel 6 was selling for after one year. No offense to anyone but how could you pay 600$ or more for something that was so valueless after just 12 months? If you must have Android and/or hate Apple that much, buy a Samsung. That’s coming from someone who is no fan of Samsung — but Samsung is the obvious choice for the slow on the uptake, confused consumer who wants android:):)

You know Ed’s a good guy, he may have simply seen an outlier cluster of Pixels. For example a 7-11 near his work may have been giving away a Pixel with every purchase of a Super Big Gulp.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
NINETY NINE DOLLARS! that’s what the Pixel 6 was selling for after one year. No offense to anyone but how could you pay 600$ or more for something that was so valueless after just 12 months? If you must have Android and/or hate Apple that much, buy a Samsung. That’s coming from someone who is no fan of Samsung — but Samsung is the obvious choice for the slow on the uptake, confused consumer who wants android:):)

You know Ed’s a good guy, he may have simply seen an outlier cluster of Pixels. For example a 7-11 near his work may have been giving away a Pixel with every purchase of a Super Big Gulp.

Pixel or samsung, doesn’t matter both loose almost all value after a year, more than half at the three month mark. But Samsung is actually worse since their phones are priced much higher and looses much more value compared to a pixel.

After one year.

eee3dab55158fda2720c665928159939.png

8baeb5bd5afbf24f06b43324e02d02cf.png

After about 6 months

a9807be7af6543c29bd0f9d965119f15.png

No idea about ed, but he could have taken a pic, it’s only fair. Almost as if someone claims they saw Bigfoot in the Montreal metro, pic or it didn’t happen .

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I would argue it's not going to be 30%, probably less.

40% improvement in gpu compared to the a16

“The 15 Pro and Pro Max performed even better against the A16 in the iPhone 14 Pro with performance improvements up to 51%.”

Manhattan 3.1 Offscreen test: 31.5% vs a16

Aztec Ruins Normal Tier Offscreen test: ~45% more frames than the 14 Pro with A16 chip.

641a611906c07d60e3ac3ceef4578800.png

Doesn’t look worthless anymore does it ed.

Last edited:

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The 2023 iPhone 15 pro and the 3 nm a17 pro just beat out Qualcomms 2024 8 gen 3 in a battery test, it was also ran 3 degrees cooler.

Android won’t get a 3nm soc until 2025 .

246b91e0ef15e9438ae70d826f5b7330.png

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods