Apple's iOS 17.4 browser choice is under fire, despite increased adoption of third-party alternatives

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
From the article:

“….. browser developers have criticized the slow rollout of the iOS 17.4 update and suggested it's making it harder for users to move away from Safari on iPhone and Chrome on Android phones.”

Please explain to me how the rollout of iPad 17.4 is making it harder for users to move away from Safari and Chrome on the iPhone and on Android phones.

Let’s focus on the “Chrome on Android phones” part. First of all, Safari is an iOS, iPadOS and macOS feature. Right? If so, how does the update affects users who choose to use Chrome on Android phones? Am I missing something?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
From the article:

“….. browser developers have criticized the slow rollout of the iOS 17.4 update and suggested it's making it harder for users to move away from Safari on iPhone and Chrome on Android phones.”

Please explain to me how the rollout of iPad 17.4 is making it harder for users to move away from Safari and Chrome on the iPhone and on Android phones.

Let’s focus on the “Chrome on Android phones” part. First of all, Safari is an iOS, iPadOS and macOS feature. Right? If so, how does the update affects users who choose to use Chrome on Android phones? Am I missing something?

I think Lloyd either misread or misquoted the Reuters article.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vber