Apple's anti-JB [spy] patent, is it a reality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
first of all, i am very aware that this is mainly for security purposes. great

i'm finding various threads online very amusing in regards to this subject. it's almost like anyone who doesn't approve of jailbreaking thinks this, if approved, will end all jailbreaking. surely there will be a tweak for this, i hope

can Apple legally do this?

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I have no loyalty to Apple. If they were dumb enough to pull that, they would alienate a lot of customers and potential customers.

I agree with farbod that Apple is not dumb enough to do this.
(Remotely kill or compromise devices legally jailbroken by their owners).

However...SJ might be arrogant enough to think he could get away with it.

soulfulzeta

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
SJ would be crazy to do that. Like seriously, people can do whatever they want with their phones after they leave the store if they so chose.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
It would be the biggest waste of resources ever. If they can JB the device, they will be able to disable this garbage "detection" as well. Theyve already been able to disable apple's so called "kill switch" as well...

Top10

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Knowing Apple, it could already be on its way to becoming reality. The average consumer might not even realise what it could mean for them. I think increased security is a good thing, but giving away privacy and control of my property, which I paid good money for, isn't something I can stand for. It's particularly worrying that carriers will have the ability to kill an iPhone. Too much power is always a recipe for abuse.

Read my article where I discuss the patent in greater length- Top10.com ? iPhone 'kill switch' patent: is there cause for panic?

Last edited:

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
That would be ridiculous, and would equivalent to a car company putting a code into the cars computer to grenade the motor if it senses you've done any modifications. Change the wheels? Motor blows up, change the exhaust? Motor blows up.

That car company wouldn't last long!!

Ludacrisvp

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
That would be ridiculous, and would equivalent to a car company putting a code into the cars computer to grenade the motor if it senses you've done any modifications. Change the wheels? Motor blows up, change the exhaust? Motor blows up.

That car company wouldn't last long!!

Microsoft does something similar to this. Ever hear of the banhammer? Modded xboxs get kicked from live and have functionality reduced if detected to be modded. (you can do more than just play backups on a modded xbox just like a jailbroken ios)

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
1) it's just a patent, just like previous patents, like the one where the display has the ability to raise up and form buttons.
2) I would personally LOVE to have the ability to kill my jailbreak via Find my iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods