Applecare question

flatlined#IM

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I got my 3GS this past November and got the Extended Apple Care a little after Christmas with money from that. I paid around $70. I believe it was. I activated it that day. Since I'm past the 30 days that I Picked it up and not into that year of it yet will they refund me the amount that I paid at the time? Or is there anyway to get that extended year onto my year that I would get when I buy an iPhone 4?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
no extending for you

I don't know if you will be able to return it but you can't put it onto iPhone 4. It will make your 3Gs more valuable when you sell it.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
just sell the 3G|s| on ebay like im doing with the apple care, the value will go up and u will pretty much make about $50-$70 extra so it will be like gettin ya money back

flatlined#IM

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
just sell the 3G|s| on ebay like im doing with the apple care, the value will go up and u will pretty much make about $50-$70 extra so it will be like gettin ya money back

I really don't feel like going the eBay or Craigslist route. so does anybody know if I cancel it would they take off $25. since I'm not in that year of the applecare? so say $70. for what I paid - $25.?

Thanks

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yes but you should call and let Apple know

Apple Care is actually attached to the device itself, not the owner.

It is attached to the device SN but it is good to call Apple once you've sold the device and tell them that you've sold it and give them the name of the new owner. Then they can change the information on the Applecare to reflect the change so when the new owner gets in contact with them for any reason there isn't a big hassle. I've bought my friend's Macbook Pro previously and that is what we did, and there was still an issue when I called once to get the MBP fixed.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
It is attached to the device SN but it is good to call Apple once you've sold the device and tell them that you've sold it and give them the name of the new owner. Then they can change the information on the Applecare to reflect the change so when the new owner gets in contact with them for any reason there isn't a big hassle. I've bought my friend's Macbook Pro previously and that is what we did, and there was still an issue when I called once to get the MBP fixed.

I bought a used 3G with Applecare attached, it started to crack around the mute switch, took it to the genius bar, they looked it up and said "This phone has apple care" and gave me a FRU replacement. No hassle at all.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
hmmmm

damn I wonder why they gave me such a hassle maybe the difference in devices?? thought I would add that from my experiences anyway.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
damn I wonder why they gave me such a hassle maybe the difference in devices?? thought I would add that from my experiences anyway.

Could be because they always have a drawer full of FRU iPhones, vs having to actually repair / send for repair a Macbook Pro. Dunno, I have always been very happy with Apple Customer Service ... They have always done the right thing for me.