AppleCare Plus Question

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a iPhone 5 AT&T but factory unlocked for tmobile . I've been having signal issues and battery problems lately and it's very bad. And it's not my service because its not my first time having a iPhone 5. It didn't do this before. So if I go to the Apple Store will they give me a new iPhone 5 or used? Since I have AppleCare Plus until October 2014.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You wouldn't be using AC+ as this is a warranty issue. Apple will swap it out for you, however, it will more than likely be a refurb. Apple refurbs are very good so no need to worry.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Oh ok. So what is AppleCare+ mainly for then ? And also I have a screen protector on mines right now when they give me a new one will they give me a new one ? And will the refurbished iPhone 5 have scratches or will look new?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh ok. So what is AppleCare+ mainly for then ? And also I have a screen protector on mines right now when they give me a new one will they give me a new one ? And will the refurbished iPhone 5 have scratches or will look new?

Check out the AppleCare+ information via the following link, please.

http://forums.imore.com/guides-how-tos/255643-guide-applecare-protection-plan.html

As for your other questions, Apple will NOT replace your screen protector and the refurbished device will indeed look new.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

AC+ is an extended warrant that you use after the first year, but also covers accidents during the first and second year that wouldn't be covered by the warranty. As D said above, they do not replace the screensaver. The refurbs all receive a new outer case, therefore the one you get will not have any dings or scratches and should look brand new.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I lost my box and headphones will they give me a new one then?

The AC and AC+ programs cover the contents of the box, not the box itself. :) (it was a joke!)

No, neither plan cover loss or theft. If you lost it, it’s gone. You have to pay to replace the earbuds. I think they’re $29 USD.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Does it covers apple charger and adapter? Because it only works when it wants to.

If you have an iDevice (iPhone, iPad, iPod) that still covered by either AppleCare or AppleCare+, then Apple will also cover the charger block (the "plug") and the cable... make an appointment with the Genius Bar and take it all to an Apple store.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Like everyone has said if you're going to push for a new phone make sure you take the screen protector off so you can put it on the new one. Signal problems they will check the diagnostics to see if it has any trouble codes/reports. Have you tried resetting your network settings? getting a new SIM? I've had the same so just suggesting what they will suggest.

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I went there and the guy couldn't find the issue so he didn't switch it out. He said he has to see it happen. He said if it happens after iOS 7 update tomorrow to take it back. Smh I was there for 25 mins and didn't do anything because look for issues and didn't switch it out

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I went there and the guy couldn't find the issue so he didn't switch it out. He said he has to see it happen. He said if it happens after iOS 7 update tomorrow to take it back. Smh I was there for 25 mins and didn't do anything because look for issues and didn't switch it out

Take it back and to someone else. You are the customer and it is under warranty. He doesn't have to see it happen but they do look through the logs. You just have to know how to deal with them. When you go back tell them it's the second time you're coming back for the same issue. Tell them you reset the network settings and got a new SIM from your carrier. Tell them you reloaded the OS from scratch for the battery issue and it's still there. Unless you have a total moron they should switch the phone out for you.

Just be aware that getting the new device may not solve your issues. You might try doing the stuff if you can stand it to see if it does solve the issues.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I would call Apple instead of going to the store and explain the situation to them over the phone. They can mail you out a replacement phone. Just be sure to mail your old one back so they don't charge you for it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen