Apple Watch too expensive?

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
it would be nice for some consumers to have some type of equipment installment program

You mean, like...a credit card? And carriers are not the only option for interest-free financing. Best Buy offers it, as well.

I do question, however, the decision making skills of an individual who needs an installment plan to buy an Apple Watch, though.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My thoughts exactly. I got a Rolex 2 months ago, considering the fact that Rolex's & Omega's are atleast 2 generation watches. I didn't mind spending the USD 12000 for a watch ( and obnoxious service costs every 5 years), that my kids can use/ trade, but an 'accessory' that will be outdated in 1 year, doesn't fancy me.

I think the watch will be more like the iPad in regard to being "outdated". People with the Air really dont have a spectacular reason to upgrade to the Air 2 and many still are happy with the Retina iPad models before the Air.

But... I could be wrong. :)

Shahzad Ghani

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
TBH i feel like apple is now going too far in their pricing strategy. apple loyal fans like me hoped that we would be putting apple steel watch with leather band or steel loop band on our hands under 500$ and would also buy new bands round 50$ each... 149$ and 500+ for bands? really apple? . they always test our temper. Remember what steve jobs use to say..that he want to bring all apple products in the reach of common people. but its not happening ATM.. they crawling the price upwards all the time.. i, now kinda feel that apple is also not using latest tech..( i used note 4 for a week and alrdy liking it more to my ip6.. it has better display for movies, efficient in battery, ir blaster which i use when my tv remote is out of reach... spen is really a fun to use...fast charging which apple is not willing to include) my iphone 6 sucks way more battery while watching a pre installed hd movie.. 20% a hour....i am about to get out of apple league until they make their products for every one and put some latest tech like ir blaster.. better displays.. cameras.. and believe me! pixels does matter at some point.. 8 mp...in 2015 not gonna work out..

i might consider note 4 and LG g watch R combo..in future.. its my thoughts though. i am not trying to be apple hater but thats what i perceived when i calculated my spending wisely. and i do not buy that ios smoothness argument . if apple is going to continue with old tech without any open source file sharing like wifi direct, blutooth share, OTG support . i do not want that kind of smoothness..

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Frankly, the 349/399 for the Sport is quite cheap for what it is. I may go for the space grey/black one. We'll see. I'm not 100%.

eh not really cheap. What are you getting in the sport model that makes it $100+ more than the moto 360 and some of the better looking LG watches.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
TBH i feel like apple is now going too far in their pricing strategy. apple loyal fans like me hoped that we would be putting apple steel watch with leather band or steel loop band on our hands under 500$ and would also buy new bands round 50$ each... 149$ and 500+ for bands? really apple? . they always test our temper. Remember what steve jobs use to say..that he want to bring all apple products in the reach of common people. but its not happening ATM.. they crawling the price upwards all the time.. i, now kinda feel that apple is also not using latest tech..( i used note 4 for a week and alrdy liking it more to my ip6.. it has better display for movies, efficient in battery, ir blaster which i use when my tv remote is out of reach... spen is really a fun to use...fast charging which apple is not willing to include) my iphone 6 sucks way more battery while watching a pre installed hd movie.. 20% a hour....i am about to get out of apple league until they make their products for every one and put some latest tech like ir blaster.. better displays.. cameras.. and believe me! pixels does matter at some point.. 8 mp...in 2015 not gonna work out..

i might consider note 4 and LG g watch R combo..in future.. its my thoughts though. i am not trying to be apple hater but thats what i perceived when i calculated my spending wisely. and i do not buy that ios smoothness argument . if apple is going to continue with old tech without any open source file sharing like wifi direct, blutooth share, OTG support . i do not want that kind of smoothness..

Im waiting to see if google does make android wear work with IOS in an upcoming android wear update. I would love a moto 360/lg g watch r to go with my iPhone. Apple watch just doesn't really do it for me.

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Im waiting to see if google does make android wear work with IOS in an upcoming android wear update. I would love a moto 360/lg g watch r to go with my iPhone. Apple watch just doesn't really do it for me.
I think it probably wouldn't be any time soon if it would actually happen at all.

For now, Apple consumers who want a smartwatch are caught between a rock and a hard place. To want the Apple Watch, they gotta shell out alot of money; to want the Moto 360, they gotta do the same to buy an android phone.

Shahzad Ghani, the Note 4 does not work with LG watches.

Correction: The Note 4 can work with LG watches.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I think it probably wouldn't be any time soon if it would actually happen at all.

For now, Apple consumers who want a smartwatch are caught between a rock and a hard place. To want the Apple Watch, they gotta shell out alot of money; to want the Moto 360, they gotta do the same to buy an android phone.

Shahzad Ghani, Note 4 does not work with LG watches.

Rumors say at IO. And Samsung phones work with lg watches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
You are right, cuz it is an Android wear smartwatch. Samsung is the other maker that limit their watches to their ecosystem.

Agree. Samsung smart watches only work with Samsung devices, which I think is dumb, but that's for another discussion lol

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Agree. Samsung smart watches only work with Samsung devices, which I think is dumb, but that's for another discussion lol

Yup, I also agree with you about Samsung, although I was surprised they are leading in smartwatch sales with 2.4 million sold in the 4th quarter, given only their phones work with their watches, minus the Gear Live.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I also agree with you about Samsung, although I was surprised they are leading in smartwatch sales with 2.4 million sold in the 4th quarter, given only their phones work with their watches, minus the Gear Live.

Yeah they make some nice watches, if they made them work with more phones I'm sure they would sell even more

Clement Wong

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I think the watch will be more like the iPad in regard to being "outdated". People with the Air really dont have a spectacular reason to upgrade to the Air 2 and many still are happy with the Retina iPad models before the Air.

But... I could be wrong. :)

Am sure the poster mean he can keep his rolex for 2 GENERATIONS, like 40 years, not product cycle. I doubt the Watch still working in 40 years time and worth the same amount you paid, unlike a rolex.

AlexRodin

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Yes its way too expensive, because $350 is an entry level small version "sport" and I'd rather own a larger "man" size steel version with steel band and this is like $1000 its about the price of the new MacBook (lol). No ty.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
End of the day there's enough people who will buy it and those who can't... Won't I guess. There's people out there who can't handle the price tag of a 6 plus so they go get a flip phone.... Apple didn't get rich by playing Robin Hood and giving things away. they are like any one of us, If the demand is there you supply at higher prices

Last edited:

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I think the base model is close to a fair price in my opinion , probably 50 dollars over, but the stainless steel model is just ridiculous specially with the upgraded bands, let's keep in mind this is a first gen watch, I'm sure prices will go down later.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I think I am going to sit this gen out. Let apple work out the bugs and get much better battery life and most likely lower price next time around. That and waiting to see if google can somehow make android wear work on IOS like rumors have been saying. Would love to not be limited to 1 choice of smart watch on IOS.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I think I am going to sit this gen out. Let apple work out the bugs and get much better battery life and most likely lower price next time around. That and waiting to see if google can somehow make android wear work on IOS like rumors have been saying. Would love to not be limited to 1 choice of smart watch on IOS.

It's your right and I see your point but in another universe I can argue that  has put out a one generation device with a possible software update but no future devices especially if it bombs like all the naysayers like to predict or smart watches fizzle out all together so I'm getting mine while the getting is good

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It's your right and I see your point but in another universe I can argue that  has put out a one generation device with a possible software update but no future devices especially if it bombs like all the naysayers like to predict or smart watches fizzle out all together so I'm getting mine while the getting is good

Well if it flops, there will be lots on eBay/craigslist/swappa so I can pick one up there lol

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox