Apple Watch too expensive?

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
That thing is TRASH. Doesn't even have GPS inside the thing? Have to constantly have your iPhone strapped to your body for athletics? Not even waterproof? 8 GB of space and 75MB dedicated to photos? That's insane. Let the others be the guinea pigs on this 1st generation project.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
That thing is TRASH. Doesn't even have GPS inside the thing? Have to constantly have your iPhone strapped to your body for athletics? Not even waterproof? 8 GB of space and 75MB dedicated to photos? That's insane. Let the others be the guinea pigs on this 1st generation project.

Thanks for your stellar input......on a product that won't be released for another month.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
For me and what the Watch does I do believe it is too expensive. I honestly don't see a need for one right now but more power to everyone who does buy one and I hope they are happy with their purchase. I do think Apple is nuts in their pricing on these watches because what it mostly comes down to is the bands and the difference in materials for the different Watch versions which I personally think is ridiculous.

PortCity79

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Whether it is to expensive or not depends on how much the individual has to spend on a watch. Watch prices in general range from a few dollars to 100k plus. If you can afford a 100k watch then the Apple watch is cheap to you. It's all relative to what you can afford.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I agree that the watch is priced a little high and for folks like me who have a big wrist, I will need the bigger 42MM version which is a 700 device which I think should be 500.00

But, I will be at the Apple Store the day it's released to try one on and I will probably shell out the money right there and then to have one on my wrist.

I did the same thing back in 1976 when I bought my first Rolex Submariner at the military PX in Germany. I thought the watch was way over priced until I sold it a few years ago for a hell of a lot more then I paid for it.

I don't think the iWatch will ever be in the same category as a Rolex, but I can guarantee you will see some of the folks on Wall Street and the business sector sporting one on their wrist!

Edward_Dawson

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I think I will pay for it. Because, Apple products will certainly worth the price and also, it will have the best quality and features in it.

jdlnmia

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I will buy one. Most likely space black steel and a space black rubber band for the gym.

Was looking to get an Edition on black rubber band but pricing is insane.

Edward_Dawson

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
I will buy one. Most likely space black steel and a space black rubber band for the gym.

Was looking to get an Edition on black rubber band but pricing is insane.

It is good choice to buy space black steel and a space black rubber band for the gym. I wish to buy black sport band and I think it is certainly worth the price.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
full disclosure, i havent read all the previous posts. but my answer to the op is no. people and carriers i think are going to bundle the prices. so 50 a month for the combo for 24 moths like how they do with tmobile or any mobile share type of plan now so you pay the whole price over time and not all up front.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
full disclosure, i havent read all the previous posts. but my answer to the op is no. people and carriers i think are going to bundle the prices. so 50 a month for the combo for 24 moths like how they do with tmobile or any mobile share type of plan now so you pay the whole price over time and not all up front.

Carriers won't be selling the Apple Watch.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

apcman

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I can live with the watch being $350 but I don't think the extra bands should be so high. If I got the watch sport and wanted a nicer band to wear to let's say a business function I would have to drop another $400-500 bucks. At that point it is too much. The extra bands to get a nice stainless steel band or leather option should be a lot cheaper so you can get the sport model and transform it into a watch you can wear everywhere not just the gym. The sport band would look ridiculous in a fancy setting.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I can live with the watch being $350 but I don't think the extra bands should be so high. If I got the watch sport and wanted a nicer band to wear to let's say a business function I would have to drop another $400-500 bucks. At that point it is too much. The extra bands to get a nice stainless steel band or leather option should be a lot cheaper so you can get the sport model and transform it into a watch you can wear everywhere not just the gym. The sport band would look ridiculous in a fancy setting.

To be quite honest, any of them might not look right in a fancy setting. It's not as if the SS screams luxury or even 700 dollars. I think it's barely tolerable for business casual or suit. FWIW, not wearing a watch meant not worrying at all. I still see it as a tech gadget though.

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the watch is too expensive. It's a first-gen Apple Product.

I would compare it to a higher quality watch, like a Citizen. You pay for quality. As a timepiece, I actually like the Apple Watch. It's accurate, and if you really want to you can set it to be a few minutes fast, which I find rather nice.

I happen to like the look of it. I've been wearing it for a week and no one has noticed that I'm wearing a Smart Watch.

Plus, the Mickey watch face makes me feel nostalgic; my first watch was a Mickey Mouse watch.

iChris8

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
As much as I REALLY wanted to like the Apple Watch, I am returning it. Right now it doesn't serve any use that my phone can't do. I am a totally Apple fanboy and buy literally every product that they make, however, the watch was disappointing. It's practically a $400+ paperweight on my arm. My watch is on eBay,
hopefully the next owner will find more use for it than I did. I really believed in apple, now I'm pretty disappointed.

Bifurcated

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I can live with the watch being $350 but I don't think the extra bands should be so high.
You got that right. I doubt that the leather bands cost them even $10 to make, and they are selling them for $150. When they are priced this high, people just don't buy one. Sometimes you get less revenue over all when you price too high.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods