Apple Watch ruling may see the device banned in the U.S., but it's unlikely

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
A new legal charge against Apple Watch could see the device banned from the U.S. because of a patent used in its ECG feature.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

If it were “me” and I owned a trillion dollar company, I would gladly pay the entity whose patent I infringed on, especially when the Watch is selling well here in the states, but that Just Me - D. ;)

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Interesting headline but within the guts of the article there are important points that make any banning a long ways away. Also keep in mind Apple like every big company will be the target of numerous lawsuits:
-This is one of a number of lawsuits and challenges AliveCor has filed against Apple, and has previously accused Apple of trying to squeeze it out of the market.
-This complainant faces several hurdles before any Apple Watch shipments would be seized, patent litigation expert Florian Mueller told imore.
-there is a chance Apple may simply be able to "work around the patent", noting that Apple won an ITC case against Samsung over four patents that the Korean company simply "designed around", the end result being no impact on end-users.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
The headline definitely leaves a lot to be desired! I'm certain that Apple will take the necessary steps to deal with this. I agree that due to the size of the company, they will continually have a target on their back!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh