Apple Watch Dock

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
This is somewhat embarassing, but when I got my series 7 back in April, I completely forgot about setting up my Dock. I have predominantly been using the "infograph" watch face, which provides enough complications that I didn't need my Dock. I recently changed my watch face to photos, so that I could have a Halloween theme. The Photos face doesn't offer as many complications, and I was missing them.

Light Bulb.png

Then the lightbulb went off in my head, and I remembered THE DOCK! I had to re-learn how to set it up, and I now have easy access to things I was missing by not having them available as complications! I added Workout, Activity, Messages, Weather, Timers, Calendar, and Home.

Do you use your dock and if so, what are your Favorites?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Oh, yes, I've used it since I could arrange them as I wish. I have Overcast (for podcasts), Workouts, AutoSleep, Timers, Activity, Messages, and Settings. I rarely use the last two but it's easier to get to them when I need to from the dock.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Oh, yes, I've used it since I could arrange them as I wish. I have Overcast (for podcasts), Workouts, AutoSleep, Timers, Activity, Messages, and Settings. I rarely use the last two but it's easier to get to them when I need to from the dock.

Ohhh, Settings would be a good one!

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I use the dock and rearrange it as needed! I have Activity, Workout, Weather, Music, Messages, Mail, Reminders, Phone, Wallet, and Settings.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I never use the dock. I would go back to the honeycomb home screen and find the app I'm searching for instead. I usually know where all of them are by muscle memory.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I switched from the honeycomb screen to the list view, but I think I'm going to switch back because it's faster to find what I'm looking for.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I switched from the honeycomb screen to the list view, but I think I'm going to switch back because it's faster to find what I'm looking for.

Honeycomb needs some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, you don’t want anything else.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I tried the list view a couple of times.. but I had to revert back, because I was searching for my apps more :(

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Oh, boy, I **HATE** the honeycomb and was so happy that Apple allowed list view when they did. It's one of the first settings I change if I set up a watch up from scratch.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Another one for team honeycomb.

Apple Watch ui just doesn’t feel the same without it.

turbochgd

Sep 21, 2021
Visit site
This is somewhat embarassing, but when I got my series 7 back in April, I completely forgot about setting up my Dock. I have predominantly been using the "infograph" watch face, which provides enough complications that I didn't need my Dock. I recently changed my watch face to photos, so that I could have a Halloween theme. The Photos face doesn't offer as many complications, and I was missing them.

View attachment 132125

Then the lightbulb went off in my head, and I remembered THE DOCK! I had to re-learn how to set it up, and I now have easy access to things I was missing by not having them available as complications! I added Workout, Activity, Messages, Weather, Timers, Calendar, and Home.

Do you use your dock and if so, what are your Favorites?

If it weren’t for the dock me & my wife wouldn’t be able to use the more minimalistic watch faces that we do. Originally we used one with 5 complications for a while but then switched to a face that had just 1+. The dock made up for all of that and after getting a bit used to it really didn’t miss the complications on the face at all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR