Apple Watch charging cable

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I have a silly question. Bought an AW off Craigslist this week and it came with two charging cables. They look different so I'm just curious which one is the genuine one. See pic below.

c32e210f387633cdd340f9fb5077661e.jpg

The all white one has a much longer cable.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I can't verify the authenticity of the cables but the charger for the Sport comes with a white housing while the Stainless Steel comes with a chrome housing. So to the naked eye either of them could be authentic. Hope this helps!

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I can't verify the authenticity of the cables but the charger for the Sport comes with a white housing while the Stainless Steel comes with a chrome housing. So to the naked eye either of them could be authentic. Hope this helps!

Lol. Had no idea they were different model to model. Mine is the sport model so prob the white one then. So you know how long the original cable is?

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Lol. Had no idea they were different model to model. Mine is the sport model so prob the white one then. So you know how long the original cable is?

According to Apple they come in three lengths, 0.3m, 1m and 2m. I'm not in front of mine right now but I'm inclined to think it's 1m. I don't remember there being enough slack from the top of my dresser to the outlet for it to be 2m.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
The cable that came with my Apple Watch Sport is 2 meters long with the all white charging end. The cable that I purchased separately from the Apple Store online (which is 1 meter long) has the chrome charging end.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The cable that came with my Apple Watch Sport is 2 meters long with the all white charging end. The cable that I purchased separately from the Apple Store online (which is 1 meter long) has the chrome charging end.

Hmm.. When I get some I'll take a look at my SS cable and let you all know for sure.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for verifying, everyone. My charger with the white disc is 2m, so that's probably the one original one. Thanks for checking!

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Both are genuine. The all white comes with the watch, and the stainless is the official Apple Charger sold in 3 lengths at the Apple Stores ...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen