Apple Watch Apps

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Let's start a conversation about Apps for our Apple Watches. Other than the stock Apps, what apps do you use on a regular basis on your Watch? Some of the Apps I've downloaded are:

[URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chirp-for-twitter/id1397430041?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]"Chirp", which I can access my Twitter account[/URL]. I enjoy this app when I'm looking to kill some time and my phone isn't handy!​

[URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/grocery-smart-grocery-list/id1195676848?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Grocery - Smart Grocery List[/URL] I had another grocery app on my phone, but it wasn't available on my Watch.
So I found this one and I really like it.​

I've also read about a keyboard app called [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flicktype-keyboard/id1359485719?ls=1&mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Flick Type[/URL] that offers a keyboard for the Apple Watch, which seems like a great idea. However, I can't exactly figure out how to make it work, so if anyone has any experience with this one, I'd love to hear about it.

On the flip side, are there apps that you've tried and deleted because you weren't using or didn't like?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I have only a handful of apps on my watch, and I don't really use them often. Overcast, to remote control start and stop podcasts playing. Darksky, if I want to check weather with some more detail than what the stock weather app gives. Heartwatch and AutoSleep, though it's rare when I actually use them on the watch. That's it.

I haven't used many third party apps, because I find the watch interface pretty unproductive for most apps. It's generally faster just to pull my phone out of my pocket. I generally just triage notifications on the watch, do workouts, do occasional breathe sessions, set timers with Siri when I am cooking. That's about it.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I use Swarm the most, followed by my banking app.
Since it’s winter and I’m wearing a winter jacket and long sleeves for most of the day, I’ve found that I’m not looking / interacting with my Watch as much as in the rest of the year.
@Annie_8plus you just made me miss the warmer days even more.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Drafts because of its append notes with more options and overall amazing capability on the phone.

Abvio Cyclemeter (same app as Run, Walk, all their apps) as a does more than built in sports app but also imports workouts done with the built in app. This probably gets more use than any other non-stock or non-Apple app.

Dark Sky and My Radar Pro for weather apps.

Office 365 where notifications from Teams is most important plus Authenticator. There's no Teams watch app but you get notifications.

LastPass

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I just read on 9 to 5 Mac about Lens, a new Apple Watch App for Instagram. It looked really neat, and so I installed it on my Watch. You can't take pictures or post from your Watch, but it's really a nice way to scroll through your Instagram feed when you've got some time to spare. The best part, it was free!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2