Apple Watch 7 screen protector?

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Looking to get an Apple Watch 7. It would be my first. Usually am particular about protecting things. I’m seeing some of these screen protectors are a hassle to get on or fall off eventually. ZAGG being one of them. Is it really a necessity to protect screen or does it hold up well on its own. Looking for recommendations. I know there are also some cases but seems not many to fit the new 45mm size display.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
From my experience:

Yes, the stick-on screen protectors always fall off eventually. Usually they are sold with more than one in the package. I stopped using them after a while.

If you have an aluminum watch, yes, the screen will scratch. If it's not scratched, it's just not scratched yet. However, the scratches are almost always hard ro see unless you really look for them, don't ruin the display at all. I'd consider trying to use the watch without one.

If you get a stainless steel or titanium watch, it will have a sapphire crystal, and the crystal will likely never have scratches. My almost 2.5 year old Series 5 stainless has no scratches on it. My old aluminum Series 2 had some within the first month.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
From my experience:

Yes, the stick-on screen protectors always fall off eventually. Usually they are sold with more than one in the package. I stopped using them after a while.

If you have an aluminum watch, yes, the screen will scratch. If it's not scratched, it's just not scratched yet. However, the scratches are almost always hard ro see unless you really look for them, don't ruin the display at all. I'd consider trying to use the watch without one.

If you get a stainless steel or titanium watch, it will have a sapphire crystal, and the crystal will likely never have scratches. My almost 2.5 year old Series 5 stainless has no scratches on it. My old aluminum Series 2 had some within the first month.

Side question. Can you swap bands between different 7 series. Now that you say stainless steel is better choice I’d lean towards that. But the band they offer is a awful looking graphite band. Like the one Verizon has a midnight aluminum watch with midnight sport band. More what I’d want in band style. But I want the stainless casing. Added photos we’ll see if it works. But when I save post they turn up broken or won’t import🤦*♂️🤷*♂️

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Side question. Can you swap bands between different 7 series. Now that you say stainless steel is better choice I’d lean towards that. But the band they offer is a awful looking graphite band. Like the one Verizon has a midnight aluminum watch with midnight sport band. More what I’d want in band style. But I want the stainless casing. Added photos we’ll see if it works. But when I save post they turn up broken or won’t import🤦*♂️🤷*♂️

IMG_1582.JPGIMG_1583.JPG

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Side question. Can you swap bands between different 7 series. Now that you say stainless steel is better choice I’d lean towards that. But the band they offer is a awful looking graphite band.

Do you mean can you purchase a stainless steel watch with your choice of band? If you buy from Apple, yes. They have something called Apple Watch Studio that lets you customize the choices. https://www.apple.com/shop/studio#mn_p

If you mean can you purchase a second band and replace the one that comes with the watch, then that is also yes.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Do you mean can you purchase a stainless steel watch with your choice of band? If you buy from Apple, yes. They have something called Apple Watch Studio that lets you customize the choices. https://www.apple.com/shop/studio#mn_p

If you mean can you purchase a second band and replace the one that comes with the watch, then that is also yes.

Yeah I’m buying off Verizon . I can get $150 off a new watch. So definitely doing that. I might just need to get it with a sport band in abyss blue. Stupid they limit you to 2 options. I’ll check out Apple Watch studio to.

I’m realizing it was kind of a confusing question. Any 45mm case Should accept any band I’d figure lol. Doesn’t matter the material case was made of.

turbochgd

Sep 21, 2021
Visit site
Yeah I’m buying off Verizon . I can get $150 off a new watch. So definitely doing that. I might just need to get it with a sport band in abyss blue. Stupid they limit you to 2 options. I’ll check out Apple Watch studio to.

I’m realizing it was kind of a confusing question. Any 45mm case Should accept any band I’d figure lol. Doesn’t matter the material case was made of.

I purchased the graphite stainless steel with the abyss blue band and it looks great. I occasionally put a different band on there for a bit but always come back to the abyss blue. Love the stainless steel as it’s gorgeous and heavier on the wrist than the aluminum which feels premium.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I purchased the graphite stainless steel with the abyss blue band and it looks great. I occasionally put a different band on there for a bit but always come back to the abyss blue. Love the stainless steel as it’s gorgeous and heavier on the wrist than the aluminum which feels premium.

May do the same. The Milanese loop one looks hideous lol.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Looking to get an Apple Watch 7. It would be my first. Usually am particular about protecting things. I’m seeing some of these screen protectors are a hassle to get on or fall off eventually. ZAGG being one of them. Is it really a necessity to protect screen or does it hold up well on its own. Looking for recommendations. I know there are also some cases but seems not many to fit the new 45mm size display.

I paid for the Zagg today at the mall and they installed it. Decided it was worth it. I upgraded to the 7 today. In the gorgeous green
I have had every series from the 2. Love Apple Watch

Last edited:

scott Lashville

Sep 30, 2021
Visit site

It is necessary to put a screen protector on your watch because when I didn't put a protector on my previous watch 6 it has so many scratches and it didn't go well on exchange! So for my Apple Watch 7, I installed a Gadgetshieldz film screen protector just to get rid of the scratches so you better get one for a good resale value!

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I got this one and it's perfect, for me. It only covers the glass but it's almost completely invisible. I had the other type (in multiple colours) on my AW5 stainless steel but in switching them (for colour) my watch got small fine scratches near where the watch band connects. Very small and fine scratches but I was not happy about it and can't risk that with my new AW7. If you just want a good (nearly invisible) screen protector, highly recommended.Screenshot_20220315-070515_Amazon%20Shopping.jpg

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
When I was at the AT&T Store on Monday, getting my new Series 7, I opened up the Amazon App and ordered a Julk TPU case for my new watch. I've used these on my Series 3 and was very happy with them, so I wanted to protect my new Watch. It arrived yesterday, and my new watch is now protected.

Julk Case.jpg

Julk case 2.jpg

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
When I was at the AT&T Store on Monday, getting my new Series 7, I opened up the Amazon App and ordered a Julk TPU case for my new watch. I've used these on my Series 3 and was very happy with them, so I wanted to protect my new Watch. It arrived yesterday, and my new watch is now protected.

View attachment 131791

View attachment 131792

Looks good and protected for sure. Enjoy.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 131791

View attachment 131792

I never used a screen protector for my two previous Apple Watches, however now you have thinking maybe I should this go round. They've improved a lot over the years and I will probably see if the full body or just the screen protection is best for my needs.
Thanks for the info and photo.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Nice Apple Watch. I purchased the same AW7 set up, however I haven't used the Abyss Blue band since the first day..LOL. My wrist sweat to much with the silicone bands. I use my Milanese Band most of the time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice