Apple TV on Panasonic

John Lydon1

May 6, 2022
Visit site
I recently purchased a Panasonic TV which has the Apple TV+ app installed. I was dismayed to find out that I couldn't access the movies I'd purchased from the iTunes store as apparently there are two different apps called Apple TV. This is really ridiculous when Amazon just have a single Prime App for everything. I've literally wasted my money buying content from Apple and I'm very annoyed about it. How can we complain to Apple about this and force them to make the Apple TV app available on Panasonic.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The “Apple TV” is a streaming device whereas “Apple TV+” is the actual streaming service. With that being said, if you select “Library” via the Apple TV+ app, you should see a list of all the movies and TV shows you purchased over the years with the Apple ID you’re signed in with.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes. On the Apple TV app on my Samsung TV, as long as I am signed in to my Apple ID account, I can find all of my purchased television shows and movies under my "Library".

No need to "complain to Apple".

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
You can complain to Apple all you want, but you’ll never “force” them into doing anything they don’t want to do.

Also sounds a little like the research wasn’t done before the purchase was made.

Reactions: aapierre

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I recently purchased a Panasonic TV which has the Apple TV+ app installed. I was dismayed to find out that I couldn't access the movies I'd purchased from the iTunes store as apparently there are two different apps called Apple TV. This is really ridiculous when Amazon just have a single Prime App for everything. I've literally wasted my money buying content from Apple and I'm very annoyed about it. How can we complain to Apple about this and force them to make the Apple TV app available on Panasonic.

Welcome to iMore! I’m sorry you are having this issue. I presume you have signed in correctly with your Apple credentials on your tv’s app.

John Lydon1

May 6, 2022
Visit site
Hello. Yes I signed in correctly but there is no way to access my iTunes library from the Apple TV+ app.
Why there isn't the previous Apple TV app available for Panasonic TVs I simply don't understand.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello. Yes I signed in correctly but there is no way to access my iTunes library from the Apple TV+ app.
Why there isn't the previous Apple TV app available for Panasonic TVs I simply don't understand.

Well that’s on Panasonic and other oems to decide what apps they want to install on their tvs.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

I just have a hypothesis: Maybe the video format (H.264/H.265) or DRM (FairPlay) used by Apple for their purchased media isn't supported by the TV.
It's just a hypothesis unfortunately, it would be good to contact either Apple or Panasonic Support to ask.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
You can provide feedback to Apple here. I’d suggest something not too pointed but you do as you need.
https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...m%2Ffeedback%2Fapple-tv-app%2F&token=XeEHHooT

yes Apple has an AppleTV app and an AppleTV+ app (and for added naming convention fun, AppleTV the streaming box). The AppleTV app is what you seem to be looking for(an App that allows to sync to various other channels/streaming services as well as to watch AppleTV+ and iTunes/Apple movie purchases library etc). What you have is AppleTV+.
As someone else mentioned — and with all due respect — this is your issue. If you want the AppleTV app available within your smartTV, you need to buy a Smart TV that offers it. It took a minute web search to see that AppleTV+ on Panasonic just started being offered 5 months ago. Apple is new to the Panasonic TV ecosystem. While the AppleTV app may come to it, or may not, it hasn’t yet. That is the limitation of the product you purchased.
Imho the best way is to opt for a streaming device, it doesn’t have to be an AppleTV box. A streaming box is where you’ll get the most app options with better and longer updates that have better UIs (and usability IME).

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
You can either return your tv and get another one with the app or pick up an Apple TV box .

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2