Apple TV 4th gen FF/rewind preview box missing

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Let me describe “preview box” because I don’t know what it’s actually called. When you pause a streaming show there’s usually a small 2nd screen (preview box) that appears over a progress line at the bottom of the screen. Then you can use the touchpad to rewind or FF while the 2nd screen previews where you’ll start the program when you press play again.

This box is gone on both Hulu and the PBS apps. That can’t be intentional because that box is way too useful. I restarted the system with no luck. Anyone else having this issue?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I hadn’t noticed, but it’s been a while since I’ve had to fast forward or rewind something while streaming via my 4th generation TV.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I see Netflix still has it. This feature is so handy on Hulu for skipping commercials. Weird that it’s gone on specific apps. It was absolutely there before.

eyesopen1111

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I have the new Apple TV4K and the preview box for Hulu is working this morning. I used the show "Flashpoint" as my test. The PBS app is still not working, though.

Innerchild

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I accidentally discovered that my Samsung TV remote controls my new Apple TV for FF and RW while watching Netflix. Haven’t tried any other channels yet.