Apple TV 4th gen 32 gb vs 64 gb

digital312

Mar 8, 2011
www.facebook.com
for the first time I'm stumped. I've always purchased the item with the most available storage space but a friend of mine has the Apple TV 4th gen and he swears to me the 32 gb is more than sufficient for apps and casual games you may install.

anyone have any input on this? I want to purchase one this week.

Thanks!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It's plenty -- unless you think you'll be doing lots of games. Even then you can probably pull it off. I had one game that downloaded GBs of data, but even then it was still decent.

pwrof3

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I had the 32gb and put at least 50 apps on the thing. Mostly the various broadcast and cable channel apps, and about 5 Party type games.
My storage never got more than 25% full.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
When I had my Nexus 6 it was the 32 gig. Even with all the apps, music and movies I put on it, I never filled it up.

With that being said, I went with the 64 gig Apple TV. Why? No reason other than I've busted my arse over the last 48 years to get into the position I am today so for an extra $50 I splurged. :)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
When I had my Nexus 6 it was the 32 gig. Even with all the apps, music and movies I put on it, I never filled it up.

With that being said, I went with the 64 gig Apple TV. Why? No reason other than I've busted my arse over the last 48 years to get into the position I am today so for an extra $50 I splurged. :)

We don't know where the technology is going, so go big or go home!

I'm curious if they come out with another one this year and if so, what storage capacity they come in.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
for the first time I'm stumped. I've always purchased the item with the most available storage space but a friend of mine has the Apple TV 4th gen and he swears to me the 32 gb is more than sufficient for apps and casual games you may install.

anyone have any input on this? I want to purchase one this week.

Thanks!

That's always a tough decision, but it really depends on how much you want to download and store on it. I personally don't have a lot of Apps so the 32GB is more than fine for me, i would even swing 16GB. But some people like to store the entire App Store on there Apple TV haha :D

I would also agree with @Tartarus , if you have the money, i would play it safe and get the 64GB version but i don't think it would bad to get the 32. :)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
That's always a tough decision, but it really depends on how much you want to download and store on it. I personally don't have a lot of Apps so the 32GB is more than fine for me, i would even swing 16GB. But some people like to store the entire App Store on there Apple TV haha :D

I would also agree with @Tartarus , if you have the money, i would play it safe and get the 64GB version but i don't think it would bad to get the 32. :)

We have one of each and the 32 is definitely fine. The 64 had a game on it that had a lot of content to download and it was filling up quick. Never got to 32 but if we had more games like that, it would.

One thing to keep in mind, and we don't know where tech is going, but if streamable services (like DirecTV NOW) offers DVR, you may fill up quicker. Of course you could always just replace the device if/when that happens.

So decide what you're going to do. Mostly stream TV? 32 should be fine, IMO. Gaming? 64 is a safer bet.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have quite a few apps/games on my 64 GB and don't come close to using up all of my storage. Then again, I remember having an 8 GB iPhone 4 and not using up all of the storage. Luckily the replacement cost of an Apple TV is much lower than most other devices if you ever need to upgrade.

If cost is a major consideration go with the 32 GB. Remember, you generally have a return period at the store from which you're purchasing so you can always upgrade within that timeframe if need be.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiprasad