Apple Stores won't repair iPhones that are marked as missing anymore

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Apple will reportedly refuse to repair an iPhone that has been reported as missing in a change to the previous policy. Any device that has been reported as missing and placed on the GSMA Device Registry will no longer be eligible for service if required.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
This is a good thing, I think! I suppose that Apple technicians would not be able to hold on to any devices that show up on this registry, because that could place them in a potentially harmful situation. However, it would be nice if they could call the police...

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Agree Annie_M.
It’s odd though, taking a stolen iPhone to an official Apple store for repair? Seems crazy risky when there are independent repair shops available. Maybe a lot of the people bringing them into Apple stores don’t know they bought a stolen device?
But everyone can make this stolen list go away and reduce thefts by using FindMy. Let activation lock make iPhones, iPads, watches so worthless to thieves they don’t target them.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Agree Annie_M.
It’s odd though, taking a stolen iPhone to an official Apple store for repair? Seems crazy risky when there are independent repair shops available. Maybe a lot of the people bringing them into Apple stores don’t know they bought a stolen device?
But everyone can make this stolen list go away and reduce thefts by using FindMy. Let activation lock make iPhones, iPads, watches so worthless to thieves they don’t target them.

Yeah, I can't believe anyone would do that, but criminals aren't always the smartest people.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73