Apple stock rising

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I did answer your question, and quite clearly as well. You're the equivalent of a REDACTED, kicking up dirt and then saying "I have a couple of black co-workers, does this not make me part of your community?"

And finally, I find it hard to believe that this is necessary in a forum about mobile telephones, but I have no choice but to respond to this. Claiming some equivalence of a discussion about stock prices with KKK membership is so crass as to be almost beyond belief. Are you even aware of what you are saying? I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you aren't.

I have reported this post to the forum administators. What they choose to do with it is up to them, but whatever the outcome, please try to keep some sense of perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
[NOTE]Are we done yet? Someone be the bigger person and accept the conversation as-is and move on or get back to the topic at hand. If there is nothing left to discuss regarding the topic then be done with it. Thanks.[/NOTE]

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
[NOTE]Are we done yet? Someone be the bigger person and accept the conversation as-is and move on or get back to the topic at hand. If there is nothing left to discuss regarding the topic then be done with it. Thanks.[/NOTE]

Let's get back on topic, please. Thanks

I apologize for letting the worst in me come out publicly and for deviating from the topic. I will no longer play part in the distractions.

As for the Apple stock rising, it is always an interesting animal to follow. Cook several times this year has spoken about his excitement for new products this year. He didn't go into detail of course, but was adament that Apple had some great things in the pipeline. We are approaching September now having not seen anything new through the first 8 months. So, either 4th quarter is going to be an amazing one, or we will be left scratching our heads as to what he was eluding to.

Hopefully for investors, the two rumored versions of the 6 come to fruition, Apple conitinues to expand in other markets such as China and India, and the iWatch, new iPads, etc make their debuts. Either way, Apple is far, FAR from "doomed".

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Stock actually went over 101. Can't wait to see the next couple of weeks.

Wish I had some spare cash.....

ma9ana4y.jpg

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
All time high! But wait....I thought Apple was dead! They lose marketshare all of the time! ;)

PS: That Blackberry stock looks sad above the Apple stock haha :)

Yes, BlackBerry stock is low in price/share but is growing month over month. So depending on how you look at it, BB is the better buy at the moment if trading daily. Apple is the better look term choice.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually considering selling on the spike over the next couple of weeks and then re-buying in early 2015 on the typical winter lull. I've toyed with the idea in the past, but I think I might pull the trigger this year and take some profit to move around.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm actually considering selling on the spike over the next couple of weeks and then re-buying in early 2015 on the typical winter lull. I've toyed with the idea in the past, but I think I might pull the trigger this year and take some profit to move around.

Not a bad idea. I play a virtual stock market (not real money), and I bought Apple while it was low, and now I've made some serious cash of all my shares. I bought it when it was down at the $60-70 mark, and now it has shot up to over $100 per share :)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't look good right now...

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    288.5 KB · Views: 18

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Market is reacting to the celebrity picture hacking story. I expected this yesterday. It will correct itself.

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-stock-falls-2014-9

Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk
My how ignorance abounds! And all because some celebs thought it cute to use weak passwords like their dog's name or some such nonsense.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The stock market is full of the same idiots that we see in our every day lives...the same idiots that react to media witch hunts with shallow reporting (like what we saw with these leaks). The beauty is, they also suffer from extreme ADD, and will have forgotten about these leaks by next Tuesday, LOL!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
My how ignorance abounds! And all because some celebs thought it cute to use weak passwords like their dog's name or some such nonsense.

Not only weak passwords, social engineering/phishing is ubiquitious. It is extremely easy to be fooled into giving up information. Heck, it happened to me a month ago at work, I failed a test email sent to illustrate how sophisticated current attempts are.

But that doesn't matter to the anti Apple trolls. They've gone nuts with this. In some cases, sure, it's not an issue for their platform because, simply, they are not worth the effort. Fact is, there are two dominant platforms and both have cloud solutions integrated into the platform. A third has a cloud solution but the platform is just not as mainstream. And the third....well....you can't be more secure than the absence of a true cloud solution. Security by obscurity is not security.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah when will celebrities (or anyone really) learn that if you don't want naked pics to show up on the Internet then don't take them!!! Otherwise, someone, somehow will find them and put them there.

Hard lesson. Not trying to blame the victims, but that is a fact. I wouldn't necessarily say don't take them, just be ultra careful.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
The stock market is full of the same idiots that we see in our every day lives...the same idiots that react to media witch hunts with shallow reporting (like what we saw with these leaks). The beauty is, they also suffer from extreme ADD, and will have forgotten about these leaks by next Tuesday, LOL!

Very few know the implications of weak passwords or how to guard against social engineering. Fewer understand how cloud storage works and how to protect it.

With all that's happened, I agree with you. I expect the stock will correrct itself even before next Tuesday.

So....I can't wait for mine. And I'm staying away from Nilla wafers....

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Not only weak passwords, social engineering/phishing is ubiquitious. It is extremely easy to be fooled into giving up information. Heck, it happened to me a month ago at work, I failed a test email sent to illustrate how sophisticated current attempts are.

But that doesn't matter to the anti Apple trolls. They've gone nuts with this. In some cases, sure, it's not an issue for their platform because, simply, they are not worth the effort. Fact is, there are two dominant platforms and both have cloud solutions integrated into the platform. A third has a cloud solution but the platform is just not as mainstream. And the third....well....you can't be more secure than the absence of a true cloud solution. Security by obscurity is not security.
Yep! I got an email recently that appeared to be from Apple. It was phishing for my Apple ID. It came in on my Gmail inbox rather than direct to Junk because I have Apple as a contact. But I knew right away it was phishing spam.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal