• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Apple Sports app promised star potential, but I'm benching it immediately

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
My guess? It’s 2-3 weeks behind schedule. They wanted it ready for the MLS season start yesterday. So they released the bare minimum, maybe not even MVP, though one could argue a simple scores only app with zero bells or whistles is the very definition of a MINIMUM, though not exactly viable product.

My guess? All of these seemingly basic features will be added by MLB Opening Day.

Reactions: grover5 and Annie_M

Bla1ze

Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had a chance to put it to the test yet since my sport is NBA and my team isn't back from the All Star break until tonight but this sounds like it's not going to be useful at all. Hopefully it's just a case of Apple improving along the way but alas, there's no shortage of sports apps if it stays in the current state for a while.

Reactions: Annie_M

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's definitely not like the ESPN and Yahoo Sports apps. It's live scores and stats, and nothing more. So if there's nothing going on, then there's nothing there. Like saying "no NFL". Well, there are no live scores. The season is over.

TNT

Feb 16, 2024
Visit site
It's definitely not like the ESPN and Yahoo Sports apps. It's live scores and stats, and nothing more. So if there's nothing going on, then there's nothing there. Like saying "no NFL". Well, there are no live scores. The season is over
Again NWSL is in the APP and IT"S THE OFF SEASON. You obviously didn't understand my comment.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman