Apple Smart Battery Case for XS now live

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My wife needs this for her XS, will have to pick one up. I set mine on a charger often but she tends not to -- glad they finally offered one.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
c435ca84e96c07d19725328a150d2a09.jpg

It has the same feel as the last Smart Battery Case they released. The top part that bends which allow you to insert the iPhone feels sturdier. Gonna get it fully charged and try it out

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I’m using it right now on my X. Call quality is great. No pop up notification. Camera cut out is “slightly” bigger. Not really noticeable. I love it.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It’s way easier to slide XS in and out of the case than it was when I had the 6S Smart Battery Case. It works just as I remember and now I’m not concerned with returning to my desk to plug my XS in and solely relying on my S4 cellular connection to stay In touch at work late in the afternoon when I have to run around my building. Also, Way better than carrying my Anker powerbank around. Now my power bank stays in my backpack and when my Smart Battery Case runs out of juice it’ll recharge in my backpack when I’m out and about or I’ll use my USB-C charger to fast charge it.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
I’m surprised that it’s not a high enough capacity to get a full charge from empty.

Apple claims it is not supposed to work like a “trickle” charger. They are meant to work independently. Meaning the case isn’t meant to charge the phone. You are supposed to charge both to 100% and connect them. Once your phone hits zero the battery case starts working. It shouldn’t charge your iPhone insomuch as it should provide an additional 1300+mAh when your phone hits zero. Now if your phone is on say 70% and you slide the case on, then it will charge your phone up to 100% and lose case charge. It’s up to the individual how they choose to use it though based on how they typically charge and wait to recharge.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
You are supposed to charge both to 100% and connect them. Once your phone hits zero the battery case starts working. It shouldn’t charge your iPhone insomuch as it should provide an additional 1300+mAh when your phone hits zero.

Mine's working the exact opposite way. The case drains first, as it keeps the phone at 100 percent.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro