Apple silicone case - red vs rose red? Can't decide on the color

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Not sure where this goes but I'm currently torn between the product red and rose red colors. The nearest Apple store to me is like 45-50 minutes away from me so I can't just go and compare colors anytime I want (not with my busy schedule) but I digress. What I want to know, if anyone has compared both colors in person, how close are they in color? I originally wanted the new dark red leather case but I am not a fan with how it ages over time (product red in my experience ages nasty compared to like black and saddle brown). So I've been eyeing the rose red because it looks 'darker' but my concern is how pink does it actually look? If anybody has this case, or both cases and product red, how red does rose red look compared to product red?

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I have the product red band and the rose red band so I can tell you that the product red is a brighter red and the rose red is more of a berry color.IMG_0197.JPG

Last edited:

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
The rose red is more of a berry red, and the product red is very much a Ferrari or Porsche red. That isn’t to say that it’s “darker” than the other, just a more purple shade. I do think the rose red is a bit more feminine. My wife has a rose red and I have a product red, and both are very nice.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
The rose red is more of a berry red, and the product red is very much a Ferrari or Porsche red. That isn’t to say that it’s “darker” than the other, just a more purple shade. I do think the rose red is a bit more feminine. My wife has a rose red and I have a product red, and both are very nice.

Don't suppose you'd mind taking a comparison pic of both cases?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have the product red band and the rose red band so I can tell you that the product red is a brighter red and the rose red is more of a berry color.View attachment 121558

I'm sort of surprised, but after looking at this photo, I do think that I'd go with the Rose Red!!! I'm surprised because I fell in love with the product red phone... but I do like the rose red better! That said, both are awesome!

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

This question gets asked a lot. I always offer the same advice. As all people have different taste you are going to get varying answers. Plus no one has your exact taste. I suggest going to the Apple Store and comparing them side by side. In the end you are the person who has to live with and use it. And you don't want to base your decisions on other peoples like and dislikes then down the road regret your final decision.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
firedept10 said:
I suggest going to the Apple Store and comparing them side by side.

I'm fortunate in that I have four Apple Stores near with two fairly close and the others maybe a 40min drive. So seeing products up close and personal isn't real a problem.

Unfortunately, not everybody can get to an Apple store easily. Best Buy and Target may be an options. For a lot of people, online is the only practical answer. Apple's return policy is adequate, though you'll have to pay shipping for returns.

You make good points for hands on eyeballing, but it's not always possible.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm fortunate in that I have four Apple Stores near with two fairly close and the others maybe a 40min drive. So seeing products up close and personal isn't real a problem.

Unfortunately, not everybody can get to an Apple store easily. Best Buy and Target may be an options. For a lot of people, online is the only practical answer. Apple's return policy is adequate, though you'll have to pay shipping for returns.

You make good points for hands on eyeballing, but it's not always possible.

There is no shipping charge to return. I've bought cases from apple.com numerous times. You just need to request a return and you get a FedEx label emailed to you.

My advice would be to buy both colors online from apple.com and whichever you don't like as much just request a return

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Don't suppose you'd mind taking a comparison pic of both cases?

Sorry it took me so long to get this done - I never could get the pictures to upload on my iPad.

Anyways, here they are - not the best pics as they were taken with my iPad, but hopefully this gives you an idea of the real world look of theses cases.

IMG_0046.jpg
IMG_0047.jpg
IMG_0048.jpg
IMG_0049.jpg
IMG_0050.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2