Apple reportedly slashing iPhone 14 manufacturing capacity to boost iPhone 14 Pro numbers amid stron

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
The standard model being cut in order to ramp up production to fulfill Pro model high demand.
Somewhere over at Samsung, and Google Hardware division, and Xiaomi, and One Plus — their collective heads must be ready to explode as they shout “why the hell can’t we ever have that problem!!!!” :)

(noting that this is just more Apple tech channel gossip)

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 14 pros series are completely sold out. The rumor does make sense but it is only still a rumor.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
The iPhone 14 pros series are completely sold out. The rumor does make sense but it is only still a rumor.

It definitely does make sense based on both the low stock of the Pro models as well as Apple’s kinda obvious strategy to highlight the Pro model. That it seemingly has worked exceedingly well…..and still makes the Android makers’ collective heads explode :)

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
It definitely does make sense based on both the low stock of the Pro models as well as Apple’s kinda obvious strategy to highlight the Pro model. That it seemingly has worked exceedingly well…..and still makes the Android makers’ collective heads explode :)

It’s not just affecting android oems, even the managing editor of android central is now an iPhone user.

260d972ef053bfeb3540f6f87bd3ab08.png

So many android users are switching to the new iPhone 14 pro/max on Twitter and reddit, it really doesn’t seem fair anymore.

b228930efa2956b0b6c9dc6af53a0496.png

ed2503ca94da4d6cbb7efc071c70aa12.png

Even Carl pei, one plus and nothing cofounder admits the truth about androids decline as the market shifts to iPhones.

9a0073a9b4f9bd0230049054a7aeeaab.jpg

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Wow FFR, great info as always. Those messages are stark. If all of that does equal a tangible shift in the premium market, I don't see how Android stops that downward slope to being synonymous with the low margin high volume market -- with the exception of government regulation meddling (which makes great media headlines but is unlikely to tangibly make a difference). I guess we'll see if the flip/fold market can change the Android premium market trajectory but I wouldn't bet 5 bucks on it.

After M1 came out it prompted me to look at Apple below the surface of their personal electronics offerings. I would soon afterwards say to friends "strongest buy on Apple Stock" based in the coming years. Because Apple has taken what is called "vertical integration" to a level that competition isn't close to and simply can't replicate (obviously Apple's name brand being the gold standard is a BFD too). The basic analogy is the competition is building phones with an off the shelf gas guzzling 8 cylinder engine. But they are getting beat on every type of race track by Apple's custom 4 cylinder engine and custom control system. The competition just cannot win when Apple can make their racing machines precisely for the type of race it is in. So Android's off the shelf 8 cylinder offerings are related to fighting for who wins second place. Heavily labored analogy aside :), what Apple has put in place with its vertical integration and HW-SW ecosystem is epic. Now add in they are nearing their own custom radio/modem. And if rumors are to be believed they are even working on their own battery tech and display tech. This kind of control of HW-SW by making highly specific custom main parts is just a slam dunk on completion trying to compete with off the shelf parts and SW.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Wow FFR, great info as always. Those messages are stark. If all of that does equal a tangible shift in the premium market, I don't see how Android stops that downward slope to being synonymous with the low margin high volume market -- with the exception of government regulation meddling (which makes great media headlines but is unlikely to tangibly make a difference). I guess we'll see if the flip/fold market can change the Android premium market trajectory but I wouldn't bet 5 bucks on it.

After M1 came out it prompted me to look at Apple below the surface of their personal electronics offerings. I would soon afterwards say to friends "strongest buy on Apple Stock" based in the coming years. Because Apple has taken what is called "vertical integration" to a level that competition isn't close to and simply can't replicate (obviously Apple's name brand being the gold standard is a BFD too). The basic analogy is the competition is building phones with an off the shelf gas guzzling 8 cylinder engine. But they are getting beat on every type of race track by Apple's custom 4 cylinder engine and custom control system. The competition just cannot win when Apple can make their racing machines precisely for the type of race it is in. So Android's off the shelf 8 cylinder offerings are related to fighting for who wins second place. Heavily labored analogy aside :), what Apple has put in place with its vertical integration and HW-SW ecosystem is epic. Now add in they are nearing their own custom radio/modem. And if rumors are to be believed they are even working on their own battery tech and display tech. This kind of control of HW-SW by making highly specific custom main parts is just a slam dunk on completion trying to compete with off the shelf parts and SW.

I think you misunderstood Carl peis tweet.

Apple already has nearly 70% of the premium segment and over 85% of the ultra premium segment. Samsungs share of the premium and ultra premium segment has been in rapid decline the last 3 years on the back of their foldable devices and the failures of their s20,s21,and s22 series of phones.

Carl was referring to the smartphone industry as a whole not just the premium or ultra premium segments.

He also claims that apple is now reaping all of the profit from the industry as well. Which explains why Samsung restructured Samsung mobile to now include consumer electronics, home appliances, their pc business and as of this year their commercial networking business to pad and augment the financial failings of their smartphone division.

8cfa658c03146597a4fd5320ebc95d8e.jpg

Can’t wait to see what apple does with modems and batteries. But just so you know apple already designs their on displays. The Apple Watch oled the mini leds and even the iPhones oled is completely designed and owned by apple, it’s just manufactured by Samsung and lg. That is one of the reasons the pixel arrangements are vastly different under a microscope when compared to other oled panels from lg and Samsung.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner