Apple Pencil... yes or no?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting an Apple Pencil (Gen 2) and am looking for feedback from those who already have one. I really don't need one... but I want one! :D So, please share any thoughts/insights about your experiences with the Apple Pencil.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I just got a new iPad Air and have the same question. It seems like it would be good for drawing, which I don’t do, and taking hand written notes. I’m not sure I would use it much.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The typical stylus should be more than sufficient for a majority of people in my opinion. With that being said, if you’re into art or something that requires precision then the Pencil is highly recommended. I gave away the original Pencil shortly after I purchased it years ago and at the time, I considered it a waste of money.

I do have the current version of the Pencil and use it with my 2020 iPad Pro and I’m glad I got it.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
The typical stylus should be more than sufficient for a majority of people in my opinion. With that being said, if you’re into art or something that requires precision then the Pencil is highly recommended. I gave away the original Pencil shortly after I purchased it years ago and at the time, I considered it a waste of money.

I do have the current version of the Pencil and use it with my 2020 iPad Pro and I’m glad I got it.

What do you use it for?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a gen. 1 Apple Pencil, and I use it for note taking and doing "homework". That's pretty much it.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I bought a Gen 2 Apple Pencil to go with my iPad Pro and it’s great for note taking and drawing. It is also good for tapping the screen instead of using your finger. Comfortable to hold as well.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I have one and use it a lot less than I thought I would. If you draw and to art stuff, I can see it being really useful. I actually just used it a couple of weeks ago to help my mom take practice written tests for the DMV on my table because she kept touching the wrong answers with her finger - so the pencil came in handy for that. BUT, it then got misplaced and I haven't seen my pencil since. LOL Not sure if I'll replace it or not since it just didn't come in that handy to me. It is a cool toy though!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have one and use it a lot less than I thought I would. If you draw and to art stuff, I can see it being really useful. I actually just used it a couple of weeks ago to help my mom take practice written tests for the DMV on my table because she kept touching the wrong answers with her finger - so the pencil came in handy for that. BUT, it then got misplaced and I haven't seen my pencil since. LOL Not sure if I'll replace it or not since it just didn't come in that handy to me. It is a cool toy though!

Ugh! I hate it when things get lost! It's too bad you can't use Find My to find it! Hopefully, it will turn up SOON!

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I bought a first gen Apple Pencil. Upgraded my iPad Pro, and bam, what do you know, not only does the Apple Pencil not work with the new iPad, but they want even more money for the new one. Plus there wasn’t any trade in value for the relatively new old one.

Timmie can take his Apple Pencil, turn it sideways, and well you know the rest…

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I bought one for my new iPad as well. I used it more when I first got it, I don’t do a lot of drawing in particular, but it can also be useful with scrolling and precision tapping as well. I need to play around some more and see if I can find more uses for it with how I use my iPad.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
So I did get an Apple Pencil for Christmas and I’m very happy with it. I noticed that it’s not possible to track a Pencil via FindMy. Apparently, there are other Bluetooth Finder Apps. Does anyone have any experience with one of these apps?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
So I did get an Apple Pencil for Christmas and I’m very happy with it. I noticed that it’s not possible to track a Pencil via FindMy. Apparently, there are other Bluetooth Finder Apps. Does anyone have any experience with one of these apps?

That’s an awesome gift!!! Glad you’re enjoying it I never thought about tracking it, since it’s always with my iPad. Hopefully someone out there has experience with one of the apps because now I’m curious.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting an Apple Pencil (Gen 2) and am looking for feedback from those who already have one. I really don't need one... but I want one! :D So, please share any thoughts/insights about your experiences with the Apple Pencil.

I have the 2nd gen but it just sits around like the first one did. I like it but I don’t hardly use it. They say you should charge it once in awhile because if it goes completely dead than it won’t charge and you have to buy a new one. That’s what I’ve heard so I try to charge it every month or so.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77