Apple pencil 1 died

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I owned an apple pencil 1st gen

Since I’m hardly use it, I just placed it on my bag for several months. Yesterday I tried to plug the charger for hours and tried to connect to my ipad, but it failed to paired. Sometimes the pencil was detected but cannot paired, some other time it paired but just for few sec and disconnected

Anyone know how to fix this ? I tried restart and reset my ipad. I think the prob is at the pencil (no charge for few mths).

Thx

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I owned an apple pencil 1st gen

Since I’m hardly use it, I just placed it on my bag for several months. Yesterday I tried to plug the charger for hours and tried to connect to my ipad, but it failed to paired. Sometimes the pencil was detected but cannot paired, some other time it paired but just for few sec and disconnected

Anyone know how to fix this ? I tried restart and reset my ipad. I think the prob is at the pencil (no charge for few mths).

Thx

Have you tried ALL of the troubleshooting tips found via the iMore Blog?

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
We had the same issue with my husband’s pencil after months without use. Tried everything. After digging deep into posts on various sites we came to the conclusion the battery was shot from trying to constantly connect while never being charged. We gave up on it. We had intended to give it to our kids so when they were on sale over the holidays I bought new and make sure they keep them charged.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
We had the same issue with my husband’s pencil after months without use. Tried everything. After digging deep into posts on various sites we came to the conclusion the battery was shot from trying to constantly connect while never being charged. We gave up on it. We had intended to give it to our kids so when they were on sale over the holidays I bought new and make sure they keep them charged.

so this is the final answer I'm afraid of, so much waste of money :(

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
so this is the final answer I'm afraid of, so much waste of money :(

Well it’s the only answer I could find after a couple weeks of digging. I think a battery replacement at the time was $29. Combine the sale at the time, making a appt w/Apple and the drive there it wasn’t worth it to me but it might be worth it for you. If/when you get it replaced the key is to keep it charged from all I’ve read.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Well it’s the only answer I could find after a couple weeks of digging. I think a battery replacement at the time was $29. Combine the sale at the time, making a appt w/Apple and the drive there it wasn’t worth it to me but it might be worth it for you. If/when you get it replaced the key is to keep it charged from all I’ve read.

yes, I read the battery issue as well. Batt replacement almost half of the price. I'll consider to get the batt replaced later on if I need the pencil ..

Kinda upset -_-

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal