Apple Pay not working

Roy Sanderson

Dec 10, 2018
Visit site
I live in the UK and have an iphone 6 running ios 12.1.1 Apple pay has stopped working. The cards appear in the wallet but the phone is not connecting to the payment terminal. I asks me to hold the phone near the terminal but doesn't connect.
I've tried reloading software setting up again as a new phone, swopping to another iphone 6 and trying 4 different credit/debit cards. My daughter has the same problem, so I'm wondering if this is a software issue. Has anyone successfully used apple pay using this configuration?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello Roy. I'm sorry you've been having such issues. I have been using Apple Pay for some time, and it's great. I'm in the USA and haven't had any issues that you've describled. It seems like you've tried just about everything to get it to work, and without much luck. Have you considered contact Apple Pay Support? Just in case, here's a link: Apple Pay Support

Good luck and please keep us posted.

Roy Sanderson

Dec 10, 2018
Visit site
Thanks Annie, I've already been in touch with Apple, reloaded software from scratch. They said that if that didn't work it was a hardware problem, so I returned the phone to the seller and bought another one, only to find the same problem. I'm wondering if ios 12.1.1 has a glitch.
Can you confirm that you use an iphone 6 please?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Annie, I've already been in touch with Apple, reloaded software from scratch. They said that if that didn't work it was a hardware problem, so I returned the phone to the seller and bought another one, only to find the same problem. I'm wondering if ios 12.1.1 has a glitch.

iPhone 6 is compatible with Apple Pay.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Oh how frustrating. I'm using Apple Pay without issue on my 8 Plus and my S3 Apple Watch. So sorry you're having issues.