Apple & Nike teaming up?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
According to a CNN news report, Apple and Nike are allegedly teaming up. It is believed that since Apple is arguably the only giant tech company to not offer a wearable tech device, a deal may be in the works for Nike to create such a device for Apple. What do you think? Is it possible, probable, unlikely or what?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I love the idea- the Fuel Band is a great design IMO and if they could do something like that with notifications I would absolutely buy one.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If it happens, which I think is very likely to happen, Apple will show Nike a thing or two about how to design good hardware. I saw a lot of complaints about the Fuelband hardware which kept me from getting myself one. Nike has the research and ability to help make something even bigger with Apple.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It wouldn't surprise me. As soon as Nike said they were getting out of the hardware market, you had to think that this was coming. Companies don't just exit an area they have been working on for a long time without reason, not to mention the iwatch rumors only fueled the fire for that being Nike's reason.