Apple needs some new Innovation

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Another great post FFR.
And the reality to sales is also making a splash in media like "Dynamic Island". Apple is probably the most 'rumors of what they'll release' company on the planet. When people know of something new before the event announcement, it can definitely take away some of the media splash. So how did Apple keep Dynamic Island from even the most inside-insiders up until it was revealed at the Far Out event? This is genius. I just read that Apple trademarked "dynamic island" in Jamaica on July 12. In Jamaica, searching for filed trademarks requires physically being in the Jamaican trademark and patent office. And even if it had been noticed, it probably would have gone unnoticed because Jamaica is an island.
Call that innovation in marketing.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
What’s got having sold out to do with innovation?

I’m not sure people are ordering it because they find the new iPhone innovative, they just want a new iPhone is what it is.

It’s rather simple, true Innovation drives sales.

giphy.gif

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Not all sales are because of ‘innovation’ though.
You actually do know this.

I wrote “innovation drives sales,” not drives all sales though. You actually do know this.

Are you implying that innovation does not drive sales?

giphy.gif

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how much more 'innovative' Apple can get. Or any phone manufacturer for that matter. Samsung added this, Google added that, while Apple did this. OOH so exciting. I'm not being facetious either. I like what these companies try to do to sell their latest products. At the end of the day once the honeymoon phase of getting a new device is over, they tend to become just another mobile slab that I can text, send emails, make phone calls, and play the odd game here and there.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I don't know how much more 'innovative' Apple can get. Or any phone manufacturer for that matter. Samsung added this, Google added that, while Apple did this. OOH so exciting. I'm not being facetious either. I like what these companies try to do to sell their latest products. At the end of the day once the honeymoon phase of getting a new device is over, they tend to become just another mobile slab that I can text, send emails, make phone calls, and play the odd game here and there.

There is some truth to what you say. Here's a relatively small device, there has to be a limit to what can fit into it. However and IMHO you are overlooking a couple of points. One your description as call, email and play an odd game. That may be what you use it for but my iPhone is wayyyyy more. It provides all forms of communications: videoconference, texting, calling, emails and keeps the list of every person I've ever exchanged information with. I do almost all my financials on my iPhone like point of sale store payments, deposit checks, make CC/utility payments, watch and make stock market transactions, keeping instant track of all financial transactions. It's how I find my way around the world by using Apple Maps and it is how I know where I can kind find this type of restaurant, where this kind of store is, where I can find something out of the ordinary, more. Nearly every recorded visual event in the last 7 years (including once in a lifetime shots) has been via my iPhone camera. It's how I control and/or adjust my Air Conditioner, my hot water heater, the garage door, the lights. It organizes my calendar and to dos, alerts me when I need to wake up or have an appointment. It alerts me to a number of varying things from weather to health items. Keeping track of the location of things from keys to my AirPods Pro. And that's not even all. Again I understand your smartphone usage isn't the same as mine, that'll differ for us all. But for me my iPhone packs so incredibly much organizing, every day capabilities and numerous efficiencies as compared to 20 years ago. This small device is the most impactful device I've ever owned by a hundred miles. And these impacts keep getting added and/or improved.
Second item you miss, the device is in effect your own central computer aka Apple Ecosystem. Your other forms of working, creating, digesting, relaxing, entertaining come together and are enhanced by the iPhone. Yes, you can have a disparate group of these products, they each largely exist in their own world. But imagine them existing more as one cohesive group of products? That's another big ability and efficiency. And on this one, there is plenty of room for growth from how well they interoperate to adding new devices or elements.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah ! funny enough people used to do completely without all that and lived happily and efficiently ! Really this is super complication for it’s own sake,paid for with your data and money, for the benefit of the already wealthy. I use an iPhone too of course, as an adjunct to my life though.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
?? It is an adjunct for all users' lives. What level that will be is going to vary from user to user.

Yes, people did without it. People did without almost all of it: without electricity, carpentry tools, preserving foods, and even running water going back many thousands of years. But the efficiency of running water, electricity, canning foods, the auto, the telephone etc etc. These were all efficiencies that increased available time. So with all due respect intended/no negative at all, you're not doing it efficiently without the modern conveniences especially as what the iPhone/smartphone can do. Now it may be better for you or it may be simpler (a simpler life isn't without its benefits) but driving to the bank to deposit a check isn't as efficient as using your iPhone. Calling your stock broker isn't as efficient as owning your app for real time info/actions. Trying to find the right map or follow directions you were given on a piece of paper isn't as efficient as Apple Maps guiding you. I could go on and on. Specifically the Iphone/smartphone is a massive impact to efficiency and creating time to accomplish more things. (notwithstanding that the more you add the more it could have a native mental effect).

The statement about making others rich is a non sequitur and not really sure how that is germane (the things you opt to do without a phone is still causing production, distribution and consumption that makes some people a lot of money).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2