Apple needs some new Innovation

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Not really.

You still bought a phone which you claim is lacking innovations and is boring. That makes very little sense, unless your perceived innovations and excitement are meaningless when it comes to sales.

Wouldn’t apple system integration be a form of innovation? Instead you seem to label it merely “useful”.

Ps: I had palm pilots back in the day as well. The first one from US Robotics was a POS brick, no idea how you found that exciting.

I had all the pda’s back in the day. From palm to psion to Phillips with their velo series. The weren’t fun or exciting to use, just very limited.

1st how do you know I still have an iPhone?
2 how does having or (potentially) not having an iPhone allow or disallow someone to having an opinion on it?
3 Apple system integration exists how long now? When does 'innovation' expire?
4 must be a tough life having to disagree with basically everybody, on everything, always, on principle, in this forum. Or good fun for some?

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
2 how does having or (potentially) not having an iPhone allow or disallow someone to having an opinion on it?
4 must be a tough life having to disagree with basically everybody, on everything, always, on principle, in this forum. Or good fun for some?

1. I never asked if you still have an IPhone I asked if you bought an iPhone knowing how you feel about it, doesn’t make any sense. Generally if you feel something is boring and lacked innovation one wouldn’t spend money on it.

2. You can have an opinion, it just doesn’t make any sense to buy and use a device that doesn’t work for you due to your claim of lacking of innovation and being boring.

3. So you concede that was an innovation, something you claimed the iPhone lacked.

4. Not everyone, just android users using an iPhone when they obviously don’t want to. Usually dispelling facts and figures that don’t make much logical sense. Must be tough using a device you clearly find lacking and boring. By all means carry on.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Since I have blocked him you are his new target. I suggest you do the same. Eventually, with no one to follow constantly and harass, he will go away.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Since I have blocked him you are his new target. I suggest you do the same. Eventually, with no one to follow constantly and harass, he will go away.

Attacking posters are against forum rules.

You should stop with the targeted harassment and ad hominem attacks through multiple threads.

Last edited:

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
1. I never asked if you still have an IPhone I asked if you bought an iPhone knowing how you feel about it, doesn’t make any sense. Generally if you feel something is boring and lacked innovation one wouldn’t spend money on it.

2. You can have an opinion, it just doesn’t make any sense to buy and use a device that doesn’t work for you due to your claim of lacking of innovation and being boring.

3. So you concede that was an innovation, something you claimed the iPhone lacked.

4. Not everyone, just android users using an iPhone when they obviously don’t want to. Usually dispelling facts and figures that don’t make much logical sense. Must be tough using a device you clearly find lacking and boring. By all means carry on.

Whatever.
Have a nice day.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Whatever.
Have a nice day.

Apt response.
You as well.

Now going back to the original topic of the thread..
I guess apple is doing pretty well:

Overtaking android in the US
Dominating global premium sales

e58c3b38962ea04b9a527ecabce28b0e.png

Last edited:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Apple gives me what I want from an iPhone. I don’t chase specs. I want a device that works for me the way I want it to when I want it to and where I can save all my media.
Apple does that.

So……I’ll be ordering a purple 1TB Apple 14 Pro Max.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I feel like Apple is better at perfecting already invented ideas , and it can be seen from the beginning with the personal computer and the phone . That's my humble opinion.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Apple gives me what I want from an iPhone. I don’t chase specs. I want a device that works for me the way I want it to when I want it to and where I can save all my media.
Apple does that.

So……I’ll be ordering a purple 1TB Apple 14 Pro Max.
Wow so much storage . You got a lot media in there haha

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Apple is a premium product that asks a premium price. It isn’t for everyone but fortunately there are thriving alternatives to every space Apple competes in. With that said, Premium priced products are not for purchase by people who have a litany of complaints about the product. You don’t buy/pay premium for a product you don’t mostly have an affinity for. To me that’s axiomatic but to each their own.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
“innovation”? the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Apple is constantly innovating, constantly. If that innovation isn’t to your expectation or liking, see above about buying alternatives. But with all due respect/no disrespect intended, those lamenting no Apple innovation do not see what Apple actually is. Apple is a mirage to you, a notion(negative or positive depending on your POV), but it isn’t reality and really never was.
Apple sells roughly 300 billion in hardware a year, overwhelmingly iPhones, iPads, macs, watches and AirPods. 2 other companies sell more goods than that: Walmart and Amazon. These two sell Spatulas, hand blenders, shower curtains, vacuum cleaners, microwave ovens among many many other things. Again, 3 companies, 2 that sell nearly everything and 1 that sells a comparative tiny amount of things. Seeing Apple any clearer now?
Apple could sell the Apple 50$ streaming stick, the 199$ Apple iPhone, the 150$ iPad, the Apple ChromeMac, the 99$ Apple Watch as well as numerous other products branded Apple. They could actually make a lot more money(at least in the short term) but they don’t. Now seeing Apple any clearer?
If not then this is the last try: Apple does a comparative few things but tries to do these limited number of things as well as absolutely possible. Their phone is the best, their tablet is the best, their MacBook is the best, their watch their AirPods the best, even their App Store the best. They try to make their UIs the best. They try to make them interwork together the best. They spent untold billions to design their own custom silicon/SOCs in order to make the chip fit the UI (not the other way around like virtually all others) the best. They try to make their brand name the best, not allowing that name to be put onto something mediocre. They protect this philosophy (and name brand) with their lives. And they will not introduce new products or new features that do not adhere to the doctrine. Those looking fir “innovation” should look to startups coming up with all kinds of interesting wacky tech. Yea that won’t be Apple.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
iPhone innovation is merely incremental improvements to cause people buy a new one every year or two. That’s it. The end.

Yea, umm, “the end”? Not even remotely close. Does Apple not put everything they have out of R&D and passes the UI team into this year’s phone? No. Is there a part of this “no” decision making that is based on business/profit? Yes. Is Apple pernicious for this unlike other benevolent companies? No.
Is what goes into next year’s model based also on a number of other factors? Yes. That’s it, the actual end.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I guess the iPhone is more innovative than some here would like to admit.

Apparently android users feel quite differently, some even feel envy:
1. The Dynamic Island is a genius idea for a screen cutout
2. Apple’s Always-On display is next level.
3. Emergency SOS via satellite

If anyone wants to read the article in full.

52f3c44711c5b6cb952a8738e1328414.jpg

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Agree FFR. I’m this | | close to pulling the trigger on an 14 Pro Max. Big part of the reason is the dynamic island. Once I saw it on Far Out it looked perfect for the way I use my phone. The lion’s share of what I do is use/switch between phone, messages, Apple Music, Safari, and mail. This looks to me a better way that is simpler, more efficient, graphically nicer info feedback and UI. I’m hoping it works that way. If it does then it kinda makes the ‘no innovation’ speakers on this thread look wrong.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Agree FFR. I’m this | | close to pulling the trigger on an 14 Pro Max. Big part of the reason is the dynamic island. Once I saw it on Far Out it looked perfect for the way I use my phone. The lion’s share of what I do is use/switch between phone, messages, Apple Music, Safari, and mail. This looks to me a better way that is simpler, more efficient, graphically nicer info feedback and UI. I’m hoping it works that way. If it does then it kinda makes the ‘no innovation’ speakers on this thread look wrong.

As you should be. iPhone 14 pro and 14 pro max have completely sold out of pre orders unit next month, how is that for no innovation.

Honestly quite surprised at the number of android users ordering their first iPhone i suspect apple hit one out of the park.

I’m also quite tempted by the iPhone 14 pro max.

giphy.gif

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
As you should be. iPhone 14 pro and 14 pro max have completely sold out of pre orders unit next month, how is that for no innovation.

Honestly quite surprised at the number of android users ordering their first iPhone i suspect apple hit one out of the park.

I’m also quite tempted by the iPhone 14 pro max.

giphy.gif

What’s got having sold out to do with innovation?

I’m not sure people are ordering it because they find the new iPhone innovative, they just want a new iPhone is what it is.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods