Apple Maps isn’t working with Carplay

Matt Manahan

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I haven’t used my iPhone 8 Plus for about a month. Returned to it today and downloaded the latest iOS 11.4.1. Now, when I open Maps in CarPlay it goes haywire. Phone starts disconnecting and reconnecting over and over, making CarPlay unusable. This only seems to happen when Maps is opened. I used it a month ago with no issues. I’ve restarted my phone and car. Any ideas?

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Ours is working fine. I'm not even sure I'd know where to start to troubleshoot that one. Make sure that things in your car are up to date. Ours (Sync 3 in our Lincoln) just recently had an update. More than likely it's getting ready for CarPlay changes coming in iOS 12.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven’t used my iPhone 8 Plus for about a month. Returned to it today and downloaded the latest iOS 11.4.1. Now, when I open Maps in CarPlay it goes haywire. Phone starts disconnecting and reconnecting over and over, making CarPlay unusable. This only seems to happen when Maps is opened. I used it a month ago with no issues. I’ve restarted my phone and car. Any ideas?

Delete your device from your vehicle’s infotainment system and then turn the car off. Reboot your iPhone 8 Plus. Turn your car back on then pair the iPhone to your vehicle. Afterwards, connect the device to your vehicle via the USB cable. CarPlay should work properly for you.

Matt Manahan

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I'm embarrassed to say that it didn't work--because the problem was with the lightning cable the whole time. :cant-watch: It only coincidentally worsened when I opened Apple Maps.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I'm embarrassed to say that it didn't work--because the problem was with the lightning cable the whole time. :cant-watch: It only coincidentally worsened when I opened Apple Maps.

No problem, but I’m glad the issue is resolved. Take care.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradkdoesntcare