Apple makes me laugh.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Its funny how on the Apple site it says oh update your iPhone/iPod Touch to the 3.0 and experience greatness lol. nope how about a lot of bugs, no freaking MMS, iPod Touch runs slower then ever.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Its funny how on the Apple site it says oh update your iPhone/iPod Touch to the 3.0 and experience greatness lol. nope how about a lot of bugs, no freaking MMS, iPod Touch runs slower then ever.

I have not run into any major bugs honestly, MMS - can't blame Apple for that one, can't vouch for the iPod Touch as I don't have one.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
hm well there are a lot of bugs. My phone won't switch to landscape sometimes when I'm in Messages. It takes longer for the iPhone to power down. I experience lag times and much more.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Last edited:

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I did set my phone up as a new one. um I can live with the bugs. psh I can just jailbreak and use backgrounder for Messages and other apps. ha

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Lack of MMS is not a bug, otherwise everyone else in the world who isn't on ATT Wireless would have the same bug.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I did set my phone up as a new one. um I can live with the bugs. psh I can just jailbreak and use backgrounder for Messages and other apps. ha

If you can live with the bugs then why bother complaining about them?
As for me I didn't experience any bugs on my 3G and I don't have any bugs on my 3GS either.

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
Everything about 3.0 is better (much much much better) in my opinion. Except for WiFi. WiFi is very flaky on 3.0 on some routers (some are just fine.)

Apple does make me laugh too, but not for 3.0. Yeah it has bugs, but show me a company that releases a smartphone ROM update without some annoying bugs. IMO all except the WiFi bug has minimal impact.
Palm Treo series is a great example. Every release had forum threads full of bug reports of never ending complaints. HTC, another major smart phone player has regression bugs. I can't speak for Moto or Nokia.

KStewart

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
I too restored from a backup since I was a little lazy and wanted to have my settings beamed down and I havent had any problems with 3.0.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
it seems very similar to PC's when they get new versions of Windows. when an older PC 'upgrades' to a newer version of Windows. take Vista for example <shivers>. when i 'upgraded' my HP laptop from XP to Vista, it has really bogged down. and going from Windows 2000 to XP was the same thing. each OS includes so many new 'features' that the older hardware gets overworked. this may be what's happening with 3.0 on older iPhones & iPod Touch(s).

canadu

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
it seems very similar to PC's when they get new versions of Windows. when an older PC 'upgrades' to a newer version of Windows. take Vista for example <shivers>. when i 'upgraded' my HP laptop from XP to Vista, it has really bogged down. and going from Windows 2000 to XP was the same thing. each OS includes so many new 'features' that the older hardware gets overworked. this may be what's happening with 3.0 on older iPhones & iPod Touch(s).

I agree definitely with your explanation. Legacy hardware will slow till the point where it cannot be adopted anymore.
No offense but this is a compliant topic to non issue topic:confused:

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I upgraded my first generation iPhone to 3.0 from a back up and it ran much faster and smoother. Then I got the 3gs and 3.0 has had no bugs for me. I can't give an explantion as to why your having problems but I can tell you that it is not because Apple has left the older phones behind.