Apple Mail | 'combined Inbox' gone???

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Not sure what happened, but for some reason my Apple Mail inbox is acting weird...

By default it had a COMBINED FOLDER on top, having all my inboxes listed below each other, such as;

Address 1
Address 2
Address 3

Now this complete folder to have disappeared?
I now have to scrol to each separate account in order to read my incoming messages...

• Can someone tell me how to get things back to normal??

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
In the Mailboxes view, where "All Inboxes" should be, you should see an "Edit" button at the top-right. Tap that and see if the "All Inboxes" at the top is un-checked.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what happened, but for some reason my Apple Mail inbox is acting weird...

By default it had a COMBINED FOLDER on top, having all my inboxes listed below each other, such as;

Address 1
Address 2
Address 3

I now have to scrol to each separate account in order to read my incoming messages...

Here's my 4-step guide to getting things to normal (assuming you already have Mail.app running on your Mac):
  1. Click on the + button next to the Favourites label in the left sidebar.
    Note: It is hidden until you hover over Favourites with your mouse.
    Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 20.52.03.png
  2. In the dialog that appears, choose All Inboxes in the Mailbox to Add dropdown. Then press on OK.
    It's completely at the top.
    Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 20.52.31.png
  3. Reorder it where you want in your favourites by click the virtual mailbox and dragging it to the desired position. The default is at the top of the favourites.
  4. Take your favourite mail-reading drink and enjoy reading your messages.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Address 1
Address 2
Address 3

In the Mailboxes view, where "All Inboxes" should be, you should see an "Edit" button at the top-right. Tap that and see if the "All Inboxes" at the top is un-checked.

Crap, sorry, I didn't realize this was a MacOS question rather than iOS.

The solution is similar, though. When you hover the pointer over "FAVORITES" at the top of the sidebar, a "+" control gets exposed to the right. Click that and you should be able to activate "All Inboxes".

(And FWIW my other answer above should solve this for iOS...)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh