Apple Magic Trackpad: Good or Bad?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been a longtime mouse user. In all cases, I prefer to use a mouse over everything else. While I've tried trackpads in the past, I detest using them. I find my productivity goes down, even when using the trackpad built in to my MacBook Pro.

So... was wondering if there are any Apple Magic Trackpad users out there that can make a case for, or against the trackpad? It's one of the few out there I haven't tried, and I always like to give things a fair shake. With my Mighty Mouse Problems ongoing... It's probably not a bad idea to look for alternatives!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Even though I don't have a Mac, I've been itching to buy an Apple Magic Trackpad to use with my MacBook.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I use the magic track pad and love it. Hard to explain but when you start using it you will wonder why you ever used a mouse. It's very comfortable to use and intuitive.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Been using Magic Track Pad since it came out. Haven't used a mouse since then. Great battery life from normal AA's.

MacintoshDan

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
All I've ever used on my desktop Macs is the Trackpad. I have a Magic Mouse but I never use it. You will like it if you like the laptop ones.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I love the trackpad. I've used mine since it debuted and have zero complaints. Battery life is great, especially if you get rechargeables.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

SWFLFFPM

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I like it on my iMac.

I am used to the finger swiping so when I am at work on my Windows machine I constantly just want to swipe but can't!

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I truly love Apple's trackpad. It really is magic. Why? Because it's like a touch screen, it's glass, and you barely have to touch it. It's more human.

That said, I still do have a mouse. And not that glass mouse either, that one is too flat. You can't use the trackpad for everything but you can use it for a lot more than the other guys.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73