Apple Magic Keyboard: any known interference problems with other connected Bluetooth devices?

Horst Krauss

Apr 8, 2019
Visit site
Did anyone ever experience any interference from other connected or paired Bluetooth devices (speakers, headphones etc.)? Meaning e.g. that not all the keys you type register? And you have to retype parts of most of the words? I am using a wireless Windows PC keyboard (with a wireless USB dongle) right now and the phenomenon is aggravating. Before I spend money on a new Apple Magic keyboard, I'm trying to find out if interference from other wireless/Bluetooth devices may be part of the problem or if it is just the incompatibility between the keyboard and my macOS 10.13.6 and/or hardware (2011 iMac). Any helpful comments anyone?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone ever experience any interference from other connected or paired Bluetooth devices (speakers, headphones etc.)? Meaning e.g. that not all the keys you type register? And you have to retype parts of most of the words? I am using a wireless Windows PC keyboard (with a wireless USB dongle) right now and the phenomenon is aggravating. Before I spend money on a new Apple Magic keyboard, I'm trying to find out if interference from other wireless/Bluetooth devices may be part of the problem or if it is just the incompatibility between the keyboard and my macOS 10.13.6 and/or hardware (2011 iMac). Any helpful comments anyone?

I had an Apple Bluetooth keyboard for personal use a while back and I've never had any problems with it. I still use one on occasion at work and it, too, performs without a problem. At work, I'm surrounded by all sorts of devices that are connected wirelessly, either via bluetooth, Wi-Fi, cellular, etcetera and have never experienced what you've described in your post.