Apple Leather Red iPhone 6 case

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I know there are countless threads about cases but I'm curious. For those of you who own the red leather case for the iPhone 6.. How has it held up? I'm itching to get it but I'm not sure how well it'll wear. If anyone has pictures that'd be awesome!

I have the brown leather and love the feel. I'm pretty easy on cases so it hasn't discolored at all. Worst thing I put it through is taking it to the gym with me.

But honest answers would be awesome! Thanks!!

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I know there are countless threads about cases but I'm curious. For those of you who own the red leather case for the iPhone 6.. How has it held up? I'm itching to get it but I'm not sure how well it'll wear. If anyone has pictures that'd be awesome!

I have the brown leather and love the feel. I'm pretty easy on cases so it hasn't discolored at all. Worst thing I put it through is taking it to the gym with me.

It didn't hold up well, within a couple of weeks it started peeling and getting dirty really fast. That's the only case I had a problem with. My brown leather case still looks great.

Sent from the great iPhone 6+

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I've got the black leather case for 7 months. Been holding up quite well so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I have the red leather case on my iPhone 5/5S. It shows signs of wear, but I see that as character. Here are some photos.

View attachment 85416
View attachment 85417
View attachment 85418
View attachment 85419

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
How long have you had it?

I got it when I got my iPhone 5 back in fall of 2012. I used it with both the iPhone 5 and 5S - swapping between it and a Incipio Feather case. It's been sitting in a box for the past year, as I have moved on to the iPhone 6 Plus. I recently pulled it out of storage to run the iOS 9 beta. So it has been used regularly, and not particularly babied.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I got it when I got my iPhone 5 back in fall of 2012. I used it with both the iPhone 5 and 5S - swapping between it and a Incipio Feather case. It's been sitting in a box for the past year, as I have moved on to the iPhone 6 Plus. I recently pulled it out of storage to run the iOS 9 beta. So it has been used regularly, and not particularly babied.

I baby my phone aside from gym trips. Lol! Any leather conditioner/ cleaner? Or is that how it aged all by itself?

You're making me want one now lol

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Friend of mine has the red leather case on his 6 Plus that he never really takes off. He bought it with the phone a few months ago and it looks in the condition that Hank's is in. The lighter the color of the case, the more likely you'll see the wear on it. I got my girlfriend the beige leather case for her 6 and it looked absolutely disgusting after a couple of weeks. Just being in her bag and touching other items gets the edges dirty quick.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Friend of mine has the red leather case on his 6 Plus that he never really takes off. He bought it with the phone a few months ago and it looks in the condition that Hank's is in. The lighter the color of the case, the more likely you'll see the wear on it. I got my girlfriend the beige leather case for her 6 and it looked absolutely disgusting after a couple of weeks. Just being in her bag and touching other items gets the edges dirty quick.

I've seen that light pink color-and how destroyed and bad it gets! I've just heard and seen mixed reviews on the red so I'm just kinda polling the audience to see what their experience is like. I really love my brown one. It looks super great and it'll look just as good weathered

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I do love the look of the red as well, but I would also recommend sticking with the darker colors. I went with the black leather and black silicone case because they won't discolor like a brighter color would.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I broke down and bought it today. Well I didn't have to pay anything actually. Bought two tech 21 cases from there awhile ago and I didn't use them but they took them back and I got $78 store credit. So yes! I have the red now along with my brown:) an apple employee had one with the darkening but she pocketed hers a lot and I didn't feel the wear would be something I couldn't live with. Plus they all said non-alcohol based baby wipes would also help keep it clean!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The RED Apple Leather Case is on my "wish list". I should be picking it up soon. There's just something about the Apple Leather Cases, they just speak/scream....CLASS.