Apple leather or silicone Project Red case?

ErinHenriksen

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
One day my 6 plus will actually ship.....and I would like to go ahead and have a case for it. I would like to get one of the Apple project read cases for it, but I really can't decide between the leather or the silicone. Which would wear better and feel nicer? I am also eventually going to order some tech 21 cases if they are ever actually available to order.

Iphonejackson

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I had a project red case (leather) for my 5s, and it looked great. However, after a few months it started to wear and looked disgusting.
I'd only recommend the red if you are willing to deal with the inevitable worn look.

rafic5

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
The leather cases get dirty very easily but feels really good in your hand.the silicone case doesn't get dirty but feels good.For me it's leather.

ErinHenriksen

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Tech21 ... Gimick or really something that can protect your device ?

I've had several Tech 21 cases----for my 4S and my iPhone 5, but I can't honestly say that I've dropped any iPhones while they were in a Tech 21 case...... I really do love their products, but I fortunately haven't put them to a drop test.

However, my daughter and I have both dropped our iPhone 5c's in Switcheasy cases and they had absolutely no damage. I might eventually pick up a Switcheasy case, but they don't have any out yet for the 6 plus and I'm not a fan of their iPhone 6 cases.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My problem with the Apple cases are the bottoms exposed on both models. I see a lot of trashed phones via being an IT director and and cases with all sides covered, some lip over the top and a screen protector seem to go a long way to protect the phones.

If you go with the Apple cases know the leather and light colors show dirt and wear.

Danny8200

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I ended up getting a Project RED silicone case for my 6, and so far I really like it. Doesn't seem to get as dirty and gives the phone a grippier feel.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I've had several Tech 21 cases----for my 4S and my iPhone 5, but I can't honestly say that I've dropped any iPhones while they were in a Tech 21 case...... I really do love their products, but I fortunately haven't put them to a drop test.

However, my daughter and I have both dropped our iPhone 5c's in Switcheasy cases and they had absolutely no damage. I might eventually pick up a Switcheasy case, but they don't have any out yet for the 6 plus and I'm not a fan of their iPhone 6 cases.

+1 on Switcheasy, have had great luck with them.

pearlyrob

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Does the front of the case offer enough of s lip to offer screen down table protection for the screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Tech21 ... Gimick or really something that can protect your device ?

I have had all of my smartphones in Tech 21 cases for the last two years and I have had some drops. Never any damage. But then again, I have dropped my smartphones while in cases that were a lot cheaper than the Tech 21 case and still no damage. So I don't know.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My problem with the Apple cases are the bottoms exposed on both models. I see a lot of trashed phones via being an IT director and and cases with all sides covered, some lip over the top and a screen protector seem to go a long way to protect the phones.

If you go with the Apple cases know the leather and light colors show dirt and wear.

I ended up getting a Project RED silicone case for my 6, and so far I really like it. Doesn't seem to get as dirty and gives the phone a grippier feel.

I am guilty of violating my own thoughts and ideas on the Apple cases. They fit so well, do have corner protection, and the leather case has the nicest combo of slip and grip I've found.

The black leather case doesn't' show wear the way the light colors do.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW