Apple is planning on bringing ads to Apple TV Plus, here's the proof

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Apple TV+ had ads with MLB Broadcasts.

Not surprised by that. There’s no sports tier on ATV+. Sports costs A LOT to broadcast. Further, there are natural breaks in sports (timeouts, end of quarter/half/period). They can put on commercials or they can have talking heads yap for 2 to 5 minutes. Might as well do commercials:)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I remember rotary phones and a time before the Internet. LOL

I remember watching tv before cable. The channels included ABC, CBS and NBC on the VFH knob and then channel 44 on the UHF knob. That was it. The national anthem played when the broadcast ended for the night.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
LOL... same experience here too! Also... needing 2 keys for a car - 1 for the door and 1 for the ignition! haha

(LAUGHING)….Aw man, I forgot about that. You are so right. I wouldn’t even feel right using a physical key to unlock, lock, pop the trunk or even start my car these days.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
My dad had autostart on his cars in the 70's.... it was ME. Snowy out... dad looks at me and says "go start the car for me". LOL

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I remember watching tv before cable. The channels included ABC, CBS and NBC on the VFH knob and then channel 44 on the UHF knob. That was it. The national anthem played when the broadcast ended for the night.

And a test pattern at midnight along with the National Anthem.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My dad had autostart on his cars in the 70's.... it was ME. Snowy out... dad looks at me and says "go start the car for me". LOL

We didn’t deal with snow here in Orlando, but me and my siblings were indeed the remote control for the tv as well as the ones who were sent outside to turn the antenna pole to get the perfect picture. That’s considered child abuse these days… ;)

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Not surprised by that. There’s no sports tier on ATV+. Sports costs A LOT to broadcast. Further, there are natural breaks in sports (timeouts, end of quarter/half/period). They can put on commercials or they can have talking heads yap for 2 to 5 minutes. Might as well do commercials:)

There is a sports tier. You can subscribe to a season pass to MLS Soccer.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's 11:00... do you know where your children are?

Walter Cronkite….I remember him saying that each night. We need someone to step up and say that in this era for sure!

But then again, unless it was a school function, church function or another “legit” function, we were inside by nightfall. Nightfall in those days equated to the time the streetlights came on. I can’t tell you how many times me, my siblings and my friends made a mad dash to get home before our parents realized the streetlight came on because in those days, you didn’t get spankings. You got beat down…(laughing)

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Walter Cronkite….I remember him saying that each night. We need someone to step up and say that in this era for sure!

But then again, unless it was a school function, church function or another “legit” function, we were inside by nightfall. Nightfall in those days equated to the time the streetlights came on. I can’t tell you how many times me, my siblings and my friends made a mad dash to get home before our parents realized the streetlight came on because in those days, you didn’t get spankings. You got beat down…(laughing)

In my own observation, getting outside when the sun is actually up is a problem too. I’m sure not every kid today but I see too much daytime indoors. Get kids outdoors when the sun is up, ride bikes, climb trees, whatever active activity.
On a side note, it’s outright parental laziness to give your child an iPhone (or smartphone) without putting the super simple parental controls on it. I saw my friend do it with her daughter. It is easy to limit calls, texting, websites, apps while knowing where they are. it’s practically dummy proof making zero reason a school aged child is out using an iPhone to get in trouble.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In my own observation, getting outside when the sun is actually up is a problem too. I’m sure not every kid today but I see too much daytime indoors. Get kids outdoors when the sun is up, ride bikes, climb trees, whatever active activity.
On a side note, it’s outright parental laziness to give your child an iPhone (or smartphone) without putting the super simple parental controls on it. I saw my friend do it with her daughter. It is easy to limit calls, texting, websites, apps while knowing where they are. it’s practically dummy proof making zero reason a school aged child is out using an iPhone to get in trouble.

No doubt about it. Thankfully, we were real outdoor kids who learned how to interact with others as well as discern the good from the bad. The community was protective of us, regardless of who our parents were. Heck, everyone knew each other. That’s mot the case anymore.

One could argue that the cost of innovation came at the expense of today’s youth.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen