Apple is failing to create a compelling use case for the Apple Watch. Thoughts?

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't see any tech blogs saying the same thing about any Android Wear device. Why the sudden need to have Apple justify it to you now? Don't you already know what it can do? I mean, really, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what it can do based on the others on the market.
Really?!? Every tech blog I read including Android Central say that Android Wear isn't useful enough to justify the average person buying in. Not that the watches aren't good. Just that you need to be a tech enthusiast or early adopter to justify buying one.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I do think that the reason Apple presented us was not 100% compelling and after reading many reviews that seems to be the feeling, that doesn't mean the watch will fail, it'll be interesting how this unfolds.
The point of "needing " the phone or watch is pointed towards the fact that without the watch we'd still be able to get messages, control music, use Siri, etc. "need" in a sense that without the cellphone we'd be pretty much cut out of all this content and features, not that we need a cellphone to survive...but it plays a more important role, technologically speaking

Note: came back to say: have a wonderful day, How could I forgot that.. =)

Yeah, and you mentioned the word "fail". I tried not to use that word because success and failure are someone subjective. I mean Pebble and Android Wear both sold hundreds of thousand units last year. Some people called that a success, and some people called that a failure. I'd call it a success, but I'd also say that thus far smartwatches are a niche product. They haven't made it to the mainstream yet. My original point was just that I don't think the Apple Watch will make it to the mainstream either. At least not in the first generation.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, and you mentioned the word "fail". I tried not to use that word because success and failure are someone subjective. I mean Pebble and Android Wear both sold hundreds of thousand units last year. Some people called that a success, and some people called that a failure. I'd call it a success, but I'd also say that thus far smartwatches are a niche product. They haven't made it to the mainstream yet. My original point was just that I don't think the Apple Watch will make it to the mainstream either. At least not in the first generation.

Yeah, fail probably wasn't the correct word, but Apple's standards are usually very high and they are obviously working very hard to make the Apple a mainstream product, only time will tell..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77