Apple investing in solar tech

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I think it's a good move because at the moment the focal point of their products are the iPhones. That well will run dry eventually, nothing ever lasts forever. So it's good to get involved in different industries.
This is a very good idea.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Solar is the type of thing that isn't really cost effective unless you have a lot of money to throw at it, which Apple obviously has. Not something that would remotely affect my buying habits towards or against Apple, but I could imagine it influencing some people as it would make them "feel good"
Sent from Tapatalk on my Lumia Icon

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Solar is the type of thing that isn't really cost effective unless you have a lot of money to throw at it, which Apple obviously has. Not something that would remotely affect my buying habits towards or against Apple, but I could imagine it influencing some people as it would make them "feel good"
Sent from Tapatalk on my Lumia Icon

Solar power panels are QUICKLY becoming cheaper and more cost effective to install. Lots of government credits and benefits come from simply buying the stuff...but in the last 2 years, the price of systems + install have dropped significantly...and you can now be PAID for excess energy you pump out to the grid as well. My father in law had his mountain cabin retrofitted with solar panels for almost the entire electrical system in his house (his home theater actually still runs off the normal grid). Considering the cost of the power he does use outside of the solar energy production, he's making about $30/month over all on average.

The panels are A LOT more intuitive now too...they can draw power even when the sun isn't particularly direct. Overcast days still produce A LOT of energy, and when it's not as warm, they panels actually work BETTER than when hot in direct sunlight.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
lol...I can't even imagine if they put a solar charging panel on the iPhone. As whiny as people have been with the aluminum chassis on this thing, and how they refuse to accept that they are bending their own phones from the way they carry it...imagine if it had a glass panel solar cell on it. LOL! I'm guessing we'd have solar cell "Cancer Gate", where a handful of people start complaining about how the solar panel on the device gave them a weird blemish on their skin that may or may not be skin cancer...after they posted 10 threads about how fragile it is.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro