Apple ID VERY messed up...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
SOLUTION:
These faults are actually really common and here's the solution...
1. Go to SETTINGS:GENERAL:RESTRICTIONS.

You'll probably find that they're turned off. Well, turn them ON! Punch in your pin code and ensure that everything is selected with blue so that they are not restricted.

2. You should now be able to update your iOS AND log in to your Apple ID. Everything should start working again as usual.

This worked in my 4S when it lost Siri and the App Store. It also worked my my iPad Air when I had the same problems signing into. Y Apple ID etc and lost YouTube and couldn't update. :)

Thread is 4 years old.

arnewman123

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
I'm currently having the same problem. My mom has a 4s, I have had an iphone myself for years... but her iMessage wont turn on, when I enter her Apple ID (password is correct) IT WONT SIGN IN. I just got this phone from a friend for her to try before she spent money on a newer iPhone, it's unlocked and whatnot. I don't understand!! I've tried everything.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently having the same problem. My mom has a 4s, I have had an iphone myself for years... but her iMessage wont turn on, when I enter her Apple ID (password is correct) IT WONT SIGN IN. I just got this phone from a friend for her to try before she spent money on a newer iPhone, it's unlocked and whatnot. I don't understand!! I've tried everything.

Make sure that you’re connected to a cellular data or Wi-Fi network. If you're using an iPhone, you'll need SMS messaging to activate your phone number with iMessage and FaceTime. Depending on your carrier, you might be charged for this SMS.
Go to Settings > General > Date & Time and make sure that you've set up your time zone correctly.

javaman12

May 13, 2017
Visit site
THANK YOU cillyuan!!!

I registered just to say thanks and that this works!! I've been searching for days to try and get this working. I could log in with my Apple ID in iTunes and online, but not on an older iPhone 4.

After turning ON Restrictions and switching the "Ratings For" under Allowed Content to my country, I was able to finally sign into my Apple ID on the phone

Thanks again!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox