Apple HomeKit - Hubs Disconnected/No Remote Access for HomeKit Owner

I

iMore Question

There is a HomeKit issue plaguing some people, like myself. Not sure how widespread it is, but I’ve been talking with some other people on Reddit and they have similar issues. For some reason, both my HomePod and Apple TV 4K show up as disconnected in the Home app and i have no remote access. I’ve been using HomeKit for years now and have never had a problem like this. Even more strange is that my Home appears perfectly normal to all my guests and they do have remote access. My hubs only show as disconnected to me and only I don’t have remote access. This all began the day the HomePod came out Feb 9. I noticed my Apple TV 4K was showing in the Home app as not responding, so I tried troubleshooting it by restarting it and signing out and back in to iCloud. I eventually ended up toggling iCloud Keychain off and on, but none of that worked. I decided to just setup the HomePod since it was going to take over as the hub anyway, but after setting it up it started showing up as disconnected as well. I’m able to use Siri and AirPlay and it works fine, but in the Home app all its settings are greyed out and I have no remote access. I’ve tried so much troubleshooting and working with Apple support all to no avail. I’ve tried ruling out things by process of elimination, and I think it’s safe to say it has nothing to do with any of my devices because I’ve returned and exchanged 3 different HomePods, and signed in my iPhone X using 2 different Apple IDs and set up the HomePod with those just fine. I still had remote access and everything was perfect. I even setup the HomePod using 3 different iPhones and it worked every time as well. I also tried removing all my devices from my account and just setting up a Home with just my iPhone and HomePod, but still doesn’t work. I’m up to date on all my devices, iPhone X, iPad Pro 10.5”, Apple TV 4K, iMac and Apple Watch Series 3. I restored all my devices multiple times, removed my Home and reset all my HomeKit devices several times, have signed out and in of iCloud dozens of times, toggled and reset iCloud Keychain dozens of times all to no avail. Apple support has no clue what to do or how to resolve this. Ive been calling and emailing with them back and forth since Feb 9. Also, I don’t know if related, but none of my devices can AirDrop to each other and I’ve lost Handoff functionality for some reason. As a last resort I installed iOS 11.4 beta on my iPhone X, iPad Pro 10.5” and Appel TV 4K and still the same situation. This is a huge upset for me to not be able to use my HomeKit setup any longer. Worst part is I can’t even go back to my original setup with just the Apple TV 4K because the same thing happens, which leads me to believe it has something to do with either iCloud Keychain or my Apple ID. I’d appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks

thealexmack

Jun 18, 2018
Visit site
There is a HomeKit issue plaguing some people, like myself. Not sure how widespread it is, but I’ve been talking with some other people on Reddit and they have similar issues. For some reason, both my HomePod and Apple TV 4K show up as disconnected in the Home app and i have no remote access. I’ve been using HomeKit for years now and have never had a problem like this. Even more strange is that my Home appears perfectly normal to all my guests and they do have remote access. My hubs only show as disconnected to me and only I don’t have remote access. This all began the day the HomePod came out Feb 9. I noticed my Apple TV 4K was showing in the Home app as not responding, so I tried troubleshooting it by restarting it and signing out and back in to iCloud. I eventually ended up toggling iCloud Keychain off and on, but none of that worked. I decided to just setup the HomePod since it was going to take over as the hub anyway, but after setting it up it started showing up as disconnected as well. I’m able to use Siri and AirPlay and it works fine, but in the Home app all its settings are greyed out and I have no remote access. I’ve tried so much troubleshooting and working with Apple support all to no avail. I’ve tried ruling out things by process of elimination, and I think it’s safe to say it has nothing to do with any of my devices because I’ve returned and exchanged 3 different HomePods, and signed in my iPhone X using 2 different Apple IDs and set up the HomePod with those just fine. I still had remote access and everything was perfect. I even setup the HomePod using 3 different iPhones and it worked every time as well. I also tried removing all my devices from my account and just setting up a Home with just my iPhone and HomePod, but still doesn’t work. I’m up to date on all my devices, iPhone X, iPad Pro 10.5”, Apple TV 4K, iMac and Apple Watch Series 3. I restored all my devices multiple times, removed my Home and reset all my HomeKit devices several times, have signed out and in of iCloud dozens of times, toggled and reset iCloud Keychain dozens of times all to no avail. Apple support has no clue what to do or how to resolve this. Ive been calling and emailing with them back and forth since Feb 9. Also, I don’t know if related, but none of my devices can AirDrop to each other and I’ve lost Handoff functionality for some reason. As a last resort I installed iOS 11.4 beta on my iPhone X, iPad Pro 10.5” and Appel TV 4K and still the same situation. This is a huge upset for me to not be able to use my HomeKit setup any longer. Worst part is I can’t even go back to my original setup with just the Apple TV 4K because the same thing happens, which leads me to believe it has something to do with either iCloud Keychain or my Apple ID. I’d appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks

Have you been able to solve this issue? You clearly have much smaller HomeKit collection than I do — and thus can try much more extreme troubleshooting steps.

I would just love to know if you’ve found a solution before I tear this digital house down and rebuild brick by brick.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal