Apple has made a huge error with its iOS 17 beta, and now anyone can upgrade — but don't

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, here’s your opportunity to install the first dev beta of iOS 17…. ;)

Jeremy Kaplan

Staff member
May 18, 2023
Visit site
I installed it last night, even though I'm not a developer (and that's a recipe for disaster, but oh well). WEIRD. Waiting to hear from Apple about whether this was actually a big mistake or some odd new strategy.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Kal Madda

Jun 19, 2023
Visit site
I think it’s kind of laughable that so many sites like this assumed that Apple made the changes to the way betas were installed in order to “gatekeep” them for only people with a subscription, and then when Apple made the first Developer Beta of iOS 17 available to non-paid developers, they continued to reinforce their prior assumptions with yet further assumptions that Apple must have done this as some sort of blunder. It’s not Apple that’s messed up here, it‘s these sites that made to many assumptions and now look silly trying to backpedal. The thought apparently never crossed any of their minds that perhaps Apple was simply changing the way Developer Betas were installed to make it easier, not for some kind of malicious reason to gatekeep it. This is why you shouldn’t assume.

Reactions: Annie_M

AlaskaJaxx

Jun 27, 2023
Visit site
My iPhone 14 PM and iPad M2 are both doing well on iOS 17, both the first and second betas

Why not give an example, at least one example of how it screwed up someone’s iPad or iPhone? Seems a bit embellished in my opinion, it’s stable as can be.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73