Apple gains on Facebook, Google following advertising changes

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Facebook and A LOT of other tech companies were not happy with the ATT privacy change (Google itself had a love hate relationship with it). When you anger that many companies and upset that much revenue, these companies call in favors from their lobbying and campaign donations (they also start-fund groups with benevolent names like ‘Fairness in Tech’). That’s just how the game is played. But if they were angry with Apple before, they’re even hotter under the collar reading this article. Expect political rancor to soon begin again.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
This reminds me of a childhood game called "King of the Hill". When we were kids, we would play a version of the game king of the hill, which we called "king of the raft". We were at the lake, where there was an anchored wooden raft. The object was to become king of the raft, but the king would have to defend his/her territory, and the "king" was always outnumbered.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
This reminds me of a childhood game called "King of the Hill". When we were kids, we would play a version of the game king of the hill, which we called "king of the raft". We were at the lake, where there was an anchored wooden raft. The object was to become king of the raft, but the king would have to defend his/her territory, and the "king" was always outnumbered.

Excellent analogy Annie (I like the new pic too). Apple is currently king of the raft but they’re definitely outnumbered.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Excellent analogy Annie (I like the new pic too). Apple is currently king of the raft but they’re definitely outnumbered.

Thanks! And everybody’s coming for them. However, at least (I think and hope) that  is very aware of this. They need to be…

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
As long as apple keeps iPhone data away from Facebook and google i will keep using their devices and services.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
As long as apple keeps iPhone data away from Facebook and google i will keep using their devices and services.

Well said FFR. Provided Apple stays overwhelmingly anonymous in their data gathering, I’m good. Well that and they keeping making great products imho. :)
But if Apple fell off the bandwagon and started collecting a lot of data by individual name a la Facebook or Google? For example Apple Maps started recording everywhere (My Name) goes or messaging keywords and phrases? I’ll then go with the added trouble of but more private jail broke de-Googled Linux phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro